Pelican Makes A Duck Hunt

Delta Duckman

Button Buck
As we all know 2020 was a very strange year in all aspects so there is no reason the last duck hunt of 2020 should be any different. Yesterday, 12/31/20 me and Rooster were making a duck hunt down here in SE Louisiana and a pelican landed in the pond then swam over to our boat then jumped up on the transom. After that it made its way toward the middle of the boat and stayed between us for at least 30 minutes as the video shows. Obviously in all my years of duck hunting that has never happened, but you have to be out in the marsh for things like that to happen.

We ended up shooting 2 greys, 4 teal and 1 scaup for the hunt. Considering how things have been going this season a decent hunt. The killer was while picking up ducks during the hunt three pintail went right over the decoys. We could have easily shot two of them.

Happy New Year and happy hunting.

TH80

Eight Pointer
Pretty cool right there. Never know what you’ll see in the woods and on the water

Dingbatter

Four Pointer
I had one do that to me several years ago. He swam up to the boat and I flicked Combo's to him. I got it on video somewhere too.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Bunch of years ago, we had one land in the dekes on the ICW. My buddy named it Fred. It kept trying to bite the lead strap anchors....lol
Walked over to the boat but didn't get in. My buddy fed it something. I was too busy laughing at the bird and my buddy's commentary to pay attention to what he fed it.

Thanks for the memory jog !

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Use to have one that stayed on the dock at Hatteras Harbor every winter. He would land on the transom of the boat and we would feed him by hand.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
My dog would lose his $$$t. His biggest goal in life is to catch a great blue heron.