Peep sight

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
The ever prevalent quest to change things up on hunting gear just before the season starts sees me swapping the scope from a Blackhawk colt to a dirty harry smith.

But, what to do with the Blackhawk?

re-attach that notch rear blade?

%#&@! no.

I think a peep sight would be nice for these old eyes.

Of course, I'm too impatient to wait for a mail drop, sooooo....

For the curious, a thin kerf circular saw blade is within a couple thousandths of a blackhawk rear sight blade.sight.jpg

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
That looks like the "One Ragged Hole" sight. I have one of those on a Bisley .45 Colt. and on an H&R rifle. They sure are handy!

<>< Fish

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
That looks like the "One Ragged Hole" sight. I have one of those on a Bisley .45 Colt. and on an H&R rifle. They sure are handy!

<>< Fish
I hunt a lot of cutover, and pistol hunting is becoming a staple again. That and with all the rain last year, its easier to keep the smokewagons dry under my rain gear. With no rifle, I can carry a walking stick with a notch to use as a stabilizing rest.

With the blackhawk in a side holster, and the smith in a chest holster, I can be ready for anything out to 150 or so, if need be. Including coyotes, if they care to treat me like they did the last two years.