• At some point over the next few days NC Hunt and Fish will be migrating to a new server. We are not changing our hosting provider, but we are changing machines within that provider. The reason is that an external vendor, cPanel, has increased the price of their software and we need to migrate to a different control panel. When the migration occurs, the site will be unavailable and it will remain unavailable until the DNS servers are populated with the new IP address. This could take a day, but usually happens overnight. Once the site goes down you should clear your cookies and cache in your browser so you no longer attempt to connect to an old instance. Instructions will be posted on the old server so people who are stuck there will know how to find the new server.

Peep sight

surveyor

Eight Pointer
The ever prevalent quest to change things up on hunting gear just before the season starts sees me swapping the scope from a Blackhawk colt to a dirty harry smith.

But, what to do with the Blackhawk?

re-attach that notch rear blade?

%#&@! no.

I think a peep sight would be nice for these old eyes.

Of course, I'm too impatient to wait for a mail drop, sooooo....

For the curious, a thin kerf circular saw blade is within a couple thousandths of a blackhawk rear sight blade.sight.jpg

FishHunt

Twelve Pointer
That looks like the "One Ragged Hole" sight. I have one of those on a Bisley .45 Colt. and on an H&R rifle. They sure are handy!

<>< Fish

surveyor

Eight Pointer
That looks like the "One Ragged Hole" sight. I have one of those on a Bisley .45 Colt. and on an H&R rifle. They sure are handy!

<>< Fish
I hunt a lot of cutover, and pistol hunting is becoming a staple again. That and with all the rain last year, its easier to keep the smokewagons dry under my rain gear. With no rifle, I can carry a walking stick with a notch to use as a stabilizing rest.

With the blackhawk in a side holster, and the smith in a chest holster, I can be ready for anything out to 150 or so, if need be. Including coyotes, if they care to treat me like they did the last two years.