PeeDee NWR turkey harvest

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I did not get a permit this Spring, but was curious if anyone was aware of any Gobblers harvested this year?

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
I seriously doubt any were killed on it.I know 2 guys who went down and never heard or seen anything. It's been terrible on it the last few years. They need to close it down .The hogs and other factors have almost wiped out the turkeys on the refuge. And to many hunters get drawn for it.Its just a.money racket now.They don't care about the turkeys down there anymore.They need to open it up year round on the hogs down there .

DeerManager

Eight Pointer
Same thoughts here. I went two years ago and last year.
Two years ago I walked and walked and walked. I didn't hear or see any turkeys.
Last year I heard one gobble a few times on the roost. That was it as far as turkeys go.
On both trips I seen at least one hog and the woods, fields, and creek bottoms were torn up with hog sign.
I deer hunted the Refuge for many years, my dad use to take me on the youths hunts in the mid-80's. These days, I only think about going to hunt the refuge weather it is for turkeys or deer. The thought goes quicker than it came. I am sure the hunting there is decent, it isn't what it use to be even though there is some giant bucks on the Refuge. I know I have my opinions on why the Refuge is not as good as it use to be for hunting purposes. However, it is a waste of my time and your time for me to get into my opinions. HaHa.