Pee Dee NWR Turkey permits

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Today the 1ST come 1st serve permits for the 2 adult Pee Dee NWR Turkey hunts went on sale @ 7 PM. When I checked around 11 PM they were completely sold out for the adult hunts & still had permits left for the youth hunt. The last 2 years I personally have not seen a Turkey, track or dropping on the refuge. Gotta wonder, am I missing something. Anyway, good luck to those that were able to purchase a permit this year.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I don’t think your missing anything. I deer hunted there for years and only seen turkeys one time while driving. As much time as I’ve spent there and not seen any your odds can’t be good. That refuge needs new management like a lot of others. It used to be a lot better place and it sucks pretty bad now.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Permits were sold out within minutes.

Years ago I killed a few turkeys on PeeDee BUT that place is in bad shape now.

Needs new management. The pigs have made matters worse , as well as, this new online permit process.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
For years I haven't even thought about applying but I bet there are few people that have spot or 2 squirreled away

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
They were sold out at 7:17 pm.
Unreal! Despite the fact that there apparently are no Turkeys to speak of on PDNWR, I probably would have tried again this year simply because I did just happen to call up a hen 3 years ago. LOL. Too late now though.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
For years I haven't even thought about applying but I bet there are few people that have spot or 2 squirreled away
I know a spot .. literally a spot.. where all the birds I killed on PeeDee were (probably still are some).

But the floods, pigs , and more importantly run and gun hunters have since moved in on it