Pee Dee NWR Muzzeloader hunt

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
I have it and the first 2 gun hunts. Last week didn't find any white oaks dropping. To hot deer didn't move till.dark.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Plenty of hogs.and sign.Hunting Thursday.and see after that,don't like hunting pee dee when it's hot,deer don't move worth it. Us gun season starts at my place Saturday.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
On Richmond side. Heard one shot back towards Anson. No acorns decent trails no deer. No deer seen,to hot, hopefully they will move soon,had enty of pics this week at home of late morn and early evening movement.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
My son and I double tapped a doe in Anson out in a corn field this evening.Spot and stalk and 2 got up we shot at same time and hit 3 inches apart. Farmers on richmond side shot all evening .They like making noise and shoot to keep deer away.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
There were enough trucks parked on the shoulder on Pinkston River Rd this evening when I came through that something should have died. Some guys were already back at the truck before it got good and dark so I’m assuming they killed one or are scared of the shadows. 😂

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
It
It said 10-14 so I don't guess it was counting today's. Heard alot of shooting yesterday evening, I hope this evening is as good
If you heard alot yesterday evening it was probably the migit farmers on the richmond side.they walked back and forth off the boundary and shot for 2 hours.
There were enough trucks parked on the shoulder on Pinkston River Rd this evening when I came through that something should have died. Some guys were already back at the truck before it got good and dark so I’m assuming they killed one or are scared of the shadows. 😂
Most come.out before the deer start moving.lol I sit until I can't see the ground. Hopefully next week first gun hunt will be better with it being cooler.but d the full moon

herman

Six Pointer
I have the next 2 gun hunts.teally hope they move.
Anyone see any hogs? I saw a very big one standing in grassy island rd near the
brown creek bridge. about 3 weeks ago.
Was told that the refuge gave permits to ones that live around there to shoot hogs on the refuge.Said they had killed 50 this year.
Looks like they would have hunts in jan,feb or march when the best time to see hogs are if they want them taken out.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I didn’t see any hogs. I seen hog sign but no hogs. I’ll just come out and say it. That place is not managed correctly or at all. Gonna have a hard time controlling those hogs shooting them one at a time. They have created the perfect habitat for them by not doing anything with that property. I mean your on the Pee Dee River you have endless food you don’t do prescribed burns you can’t even bushog a grown up field. You know why because your sitting in a truck waiting on quitting time. I understand the wild and I’m no pussy I’ll walk through a lot to go hunting. You could knock them back but it will be with dogs and shooting them or a trap. Everyone says that’s what has ruined the deer hunting but there’s a lot more to that also.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Any get killed down there today
Lucky I'm not sure, I heard about 4 shots in the morning and 4 in the afternoon, I sit on the edge of a woodland along a bean field on Saturday evening with the wind right and everything. I never saw a deer. I hunted 3 days straight and saw no deer. I doubt I will ever apply for the first muzzeloader again. It's just too hot for deer to move.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah I hate that place when it's hot. But this colder weather should help. The hogs can be killed all season during early and late archery and the draw hunts, I told them they need year round nd hunt's for them.the turkeys are all but gone from there.no management like he said, thick and nasty woods been thinned and grown back with weeds and briars. Fields need mowing .and precised burns more on it and not during the spring. They still have deer but the hogs are climbing the totem pole.