Pee Dee Hunts

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I just thought i would pass this along to hopefully help some folks out. Black powder 3 day hunt started, i recieved a text from a buddy who was hunting it. He said it was very crowded to say the least. This hunt diddn't sell out. Next weeks 1st gun hunt did. I feel it's going to be packed. Just thought i'd let ya'll know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They told me 175

I can see where it would get tight with 175 hunting. 8,000 acres and 175 hunters give each man 45 acres. About every decent club tries to keep the ratio to a man per 100 acres. I coon hunted the refuge Monday night and it was covered up with hunters. More than my liking but thats public land hunting. I didnt see a ton of deer sign down there Monday night and didnt see the first deer. I usually see at least 5 or 6 while I'm coon hunting down there.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I can see where it would get tight with 175 hunting. 8,000 acres and 175 hunters give each man 45 acres. About every decent club tries to keep the ratio to a man per 100 acres. I coon hunted the refuge Monday night and it was covered up with hunters. More than my liking but thats public land hunting. I didnt see a ton of deer sign down there Monday night and didnt see the first deer. I usually see at least 5 or 6 while I'm coon hunting down there.
The wife and i scouted it sunday, checked several spots and her phone said we walked 8 1/2 miles. Same here sign was scarce and the spots i usually see good sign for past years were barren of tracks rubs, and scrapes. I am afraid i wasted 3 vacation days.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Wonder why it’s so crowded this year, more permits than normal or now with the leftovers it’s just going to be more people end up hunting since they can finally fill those that aren’t claimed?

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Wonder why it’s so crowded this year, more permits than normal or now with the leftovers it’s just going to be more people end up hunting since they can finally fill those that aren’t claimed?
I feel like the leftover permits is what shot us in the foot myself.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
I feel like the leftover permits is what shot us in the foot myself.

Probably right, I’ll have to get a report from my dad next weekend. My buddy was gonna try to get down this weekend since he had a muzzleloader permit but his schedule is gonna be tough. Haven’t spoken to him yet.