Part time job/extra income

1ylab

Six Pointer
I thinking about getting a part time job in evenings and weekends for a few months. Any ideas??

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Umpiring... I took it up a few years ago..Maybe too late for the school games, but definitely get into all the summer/rec leagues... I made around $4,000 last summer. :D

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
My cousin helps a buddy of his clean office buildings after he gets off his regular job,few hours a week.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Gas stations are usually hiring. They'll generally work with you, especially if you're willing to work nights. It's not difficult at all, but the pay sucks. That said, if you're just looking for a temporary part-time gig that's not a big deal.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Umpiring... I took it up a few years ago..Maybe too late for the school games, but definitely get into all the summer/rec leagues... I made around $4,000 last summer. :D

Agree but you better know the game and have tough skin!!

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Don't know if you have any knowledge of automobiles or not, but Auto Zone and Advance Auto Parts would be an easy night time job. Actually, with the experience I have with those parts houses, a lot of the folks behind the counter that I have dealings with don't know squat about cars.

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Might be able to pick up a few yards to mow. I worked a few days a week for a landscaping company in college, then started working for a couple with a large property landscaping, mowing and other odd jobs.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
I used to cut grass a few days a week. Was making close to $5K a summer working at my own pace. I also worked for Coca Cola on the weekends keeping stock on the store shelves.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
I had a pretty good side business doing what I loved for a few years. I enjoy woodworking and built a lot of bases for taxidermists throughout the US. Even sent a few to Canada and Germany....I had fun, and when business was slow in my previous career, it meant that the kids still had a Christmas.

Don't have the time anymore with three kids and a new job. Plus a guy from SC knocked off all my designs for half the price....Still don't know how he is making any money, LOL.....

I did enjoy it though. I still make pieces from time to time for my friends to put their mounts on.....

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
I had a pretty good side business doing what I loved for a few years. I enjoy woodworking and built a lot of bases for taxidermists throughout the US. Even sent a few to Canada and Germany....I had fun, and when business was slow in my previous career, it meant that the kids still had a Christmas.

Don't have the time anymore with three kids and a new job. Plus a guy from SC knocked off all my designs for half the price....Still don't know how he is making any money, LOL.....

I did enjoy it though. I still make pieces from time to time for my friends to put their mounts on.....

Probably staining pine, lol

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I thinking about getting a part time job in evenings and weekends for a few months. Any ideas??

How old are you and what kind of background...
ANy training of any type...

Lots of people looking help in the summer for hunting stuff and putting up stands.
May also look into building stands or other outdoor stuff and gear.