Panthers

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Traded up for the #1 pick in the draft so hopefully they get a legit franchise QB. Need some WR's now too.
Who you think they will pick?
I'm going with Stroud.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well documented without an elite franchise QB, you aren’t winning anything in the NFL. Might as well try and then build around him, no matter what’s it’s not a win now situation.

I’d draft Stroud personally, but we shall see.

I did see this, which is nuts:

D.J. Moore's 364 receptions over the last five seasons would make him third on the Bears' all-time receptions leaderboard, trailing only Walter Payton and Matt Forte. His 5,202 receiving yards would be most in franchise history. And he's only 25 years old arriving to Chicago.

We'll have to see how the coaching staff works out. Tepper seemed like a cool owner at first, but he's done some bonehead stuff lately.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I miss the "good year and a half ago" days,,,,

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Tepper does not know football, said it before and will say it again. He suffocates the best talent on the team. When McCaffrey was traded to the 49ers I thought that was the best thing for him. I liked DJ Moore right out of MD and truly think trading is the best thing for him. McCaffrey and Moore now have a chance to have stellar careers away from the insufferable Tepper and the foundering Panthers.

I’d be taking that #1 shopping for Jalen Hurts or Joe Burrow. Then again Panthers have nothing for them to throw to so no sense in wasting their talent too.

Tepper does not know football, said it before and will say it again. He suffocates the best talent on the team. When McCaffrey was traded to the 49ers I thought that was the best thing for him. I liked DJ Moore right out of MD and truly think trading is the best thing for him. McCaffrey and Moore now have a chance to have stellar careers away from the insufferable Tepper and the foundering Panthers.

I’d be taking that #1 shopping for Jalen Hurts or Joe Burrow. Then again Panthers have nothing for them to throw to so no sense in wasting their talent too.
I'm really surprised there wasn't more coverage of what happened down in Rock Hill with the practice facility and bankruptcy. There was never any kind of explanation given. Really shady stuff.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I'm really surprised there wasn't more coverage of what happened down in Rock Hill with the practice facility and bankruptcy. There was never any kind of explanation given. Really shady stuff.

Tepper is a real piece of chit. Wouldn’t surprise me his trades are to settle deals that have nothing to do with football.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Shoot they traded a decent WR in this deal didn't they?
Yeah, I hate Moore was part of the deal. Hopefully he continues to do well in Chicago.
This is a pretty bad year for WR's in free agency so they better be looking for someone in the 2nd round of the draft.
Maybe Meyers and Thielen in free agency just to have some vets.

Either way, I hope whoever they draft does well.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns

Hurts or Burrow?......you couldn't pry them away from their teams if you offered the next 10yrs worth of 1st rd picks lol

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns

Lol Burrow is one of the handful of guys in the league that they won’t even entertain trade offers for.

Panthers got hosed on this deal, unsurprisingly. They deserve to be bottom sucking boot lickers after what they did to Big Cat.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Lol Burrow is one of the handful of guys in the league that they won’t even entertain trade offers for.

Panthers got hosed on this deal, unsurprisingly. They deserve to be bottom sucking boot lickers after what they did to Big Cat.
I wouldn't say that got hosed, that's the price to move from 9 to 1.
It's only bad if they guy they pick doesn't work out, and at this point they have to try and get a franchise guy.

I called it back in preseason saying they would win just enough games to screw up their draft for a QB....I didn't think they would trade up.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Sure enough the movie Draft Day ( I love that movie) was on tonight. I wonder if bw is correct and they taunt the #1 for something much bigger.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
If they wind up with Anthony 'Headcase' Richardson I will laugh my butt off.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Panthers won’t pick first. They will enter a multi team trade that gives them #2 and another first round pick.
I wouldn't mind seeing them trade with Arizona at 3, pick up a extra pick and D.Hopkins then pick whichever QB that Houston doesn't take.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
If they wind up with Anthony 'Headcase' Richardson I will laugh my butt off.
Please NO!!!

I'm hoping they moved up for Stroud or Young. I don't know a lot about Richardson other than what I've read.
He sounds like a great athlete but not sure about a QB.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't mind seeing them trade with Arizona at 3, pick up an extra pick and D.Hopkins then pick whichever QB that Houston doesn't take.

Coach and Tepper want two different guys. This way there’s no friction over #1 but Tepper will still Dan Synder the hell out of the team if he doesn’t get his way. Needs some lessons from Mark Cuban.

To develop a rookie QB the Panthers need to find an athletic WR that understands rank and is flexible to the QB tendencies not the other way around. I think Hopkins has done well as 50/50 man with chitty cannons.

I like that play and would trade the #1 for Hopkins and their #3 pick. Honestly Panthers gave too much away to the Bears. This way they get a veteran receiver and still get one of their top 2 picks for QB.