Panthers/ free agency

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Like him or not, so far Newton was by far the best QB the Panthers ever had.
Wish him the best but his football days could be over.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Yeah. That’s a sad commentary, huh (best they’re ever had)?

I’d beg to differ with you, but if we’re going strictly off of career stats, I’ll concede your point.

If we can factor in the systemic cancer he brought to the franchise, I’m back in.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Agreed, and he'll be OK. $121,393,521 plus endorsements buys a LOT of fedoras.

He has as big a heart for football and the kids in his community as you will ever see. I will miss him for that if nothing else...

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Yeah. That’s a sad commentary, huh (best they’re ever had)?

I’d beg to differ with you, but if we’re going strictly off of career stats, I’ll concede your point.

If we can factor in the systemic cancer he brought to the franchise, I’m back in.
The cancer was in the media and in the minds of men that become teary eyed watching "Rudy" and become aroused by Vince Lombardi quotes. His teammates by and large regarded him as a leader on the field and in the locker room. He was a crappy personality in front of the media.

Agreed, and he'll be OK. $121,393,521 plus endorsements buys a LOT of fedoras.

He has as big a heart for football and the kids in his community as you will ever see. I will miss him for that if nothing else...

Unfortunately for Cam his tombstone will read, "You only get one first impression."

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
The cancer was in the media and in the minds of men that become teary eyed watching "Rudy" and become aroused by Vince Lombardi quotes. His teammates by and large regarded him as a leader on the field and in the locker room. He was a crappy personality in front of the media.

Unfortunately for Cam his tombstone will read, "You only get one first impression."
I agree with you 100%.

I still think if he plays he should try to go to Denver. Elway might not want that style of QB though.

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
I agree with you 100%.

I still think if he plays he should try to go to Denver. Elway might not want that style of QB though.

Denver doesn’t want him. I hope..... don’t forget, Denver is the team that busted him up and started all this. Remember the super bowl post game presser? Then the first game next year is when Denver beat on him pretty bad and that’s when he started talking about “the refs treat me different”.... gosh, I hope Denver is good with their 2nd year kid Drew Lock..

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Denver doesn’t want him. I hope..... don’t forget, Denver is the team that busted him up and started all this. Remember the super bowl post game presser? Then the first game next year is when Denver beat on him pretty bad and that’s when he started talking about “the refs treat me different”.... gosh, I hope Denver is good with their 2nd year kid Drew Lock..
I dont think Elway would want him but I was thinking of a team without a sure nuff starter and Denver and maybe Jacksonville come to mind.
I know both of those teams like their young QB's though.
Miami,Cincinnati and San Diego will probably draft their QB's and I dont see New England wanting him either.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

I suppose you’re probably right. His cancer was widespread. It infected his teammates and coach.

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
knew Bears were looking for another QB but I don't think old lady Virginia Halas McCaskey , ( 97 now ) would buy into his personality. He was a good qb but glad he didn't end up Chicago. .. they are making other stupid moves though and will probably be just mediocre team again.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
The Bears signed Nick Foles to compete with Trubisky. Maybe one of them will do well this year.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Statistically he is not any better than Delhomme (from pro football reference)

Both had Comp % at 59%
Both Averaged just over 7 yards an attempt
Both took the team to one SB and lost (Jakes was much closer, coming up 1 yard short on the last play)
Jake threw 101 INTs for a TD/INT ration of 1.26, Cam 108 for 1.68
Cam Fumbled the ball 55 times and lost 44 of them, Jake 62 and lost 46
Cam Rushed for 4800 yards, Jake only 328
Cam won 68 of 125 games, Jake 67 of 103 so Jake had a much better winning % (not a huge fan of that stat because there are lots of factors but it is part of the record)

I guess it all depends on how you define "BEST" and "By Far" Most stats wash, Cam was certainly better running the ball. but every other stat is pretty even including winning.

Now I will freely admit, Cam was the most physically gifted QB, but will argue best by far.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't looked it up, but I would assume he is the all-time leader in every category at QB for the Panthers.
I'm not a huge fan of him or anything but I have watched every game in the last 15yrs or so and I have no doubt who was better. Doesn't bother me that they are moving on to someone else and wish him the best.

If you could take his body and Jake's desire to win and morph them into 1 QB you would probably have the best ever.

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
Hey , I have a Kerry Collins signed rookie card ,... I think , for sale, yeah, that's it.
I'm still pulling for Trubisky , hopefully the competition will light a fire under his rear .

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
vegas says panthers worst team in their division. over under on wins next year set at 5.5.
assuming they have a season.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
vegas says panthers worst team in their division. over under on wins next year set at 5.5.
assuming they have a season.
If they dont finish last in their division it will be shocking. The NFC South will be a very tough division next year.