Panthers/ free agency

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like some of y'all are going to get your wish and the Panthers are going to trade Cam.

So far the Panthers have lost Bradberry at CB who signed with the Giants, and looks like they are about to sign T.Bridgewater for QB. They also signed some DE I have never heard of.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great. I can be a fan, again.

Best news I’ve heard all day.

Agreed. I wish they’d have traded up for Tua, but seems that’s not on the table. I’m excited to see Cam go, but I hope they land a solid TE for him.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
BTW.....what’s the former MVP worth on the open market?

We’re about to find out, and it’s gonna be ugly (IMO).

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Looks like some of y'all are going to get your wish and the Panthers are going to trade Cam. - quoted from the OP

not sure why you quoted me on that Cam trade stuff,,,,I could care less

folks were conjecturing on who was next,,,I just asked "Brady?"

cause if it ain't Green Bay Packers and the "Black and Blue League" (NFC North),,,,well then it ain't REALLY football,,,,,

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Panthers getting Bridgewater he did well in relief with saints but he had lot work with coaching and players around him. Time will tell how he does

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
not sure why you quoted me on that Cam trade stuff,,,,I could care less

folks were conjecturing on who was next,,,I just asked "Brady?"

I couldn’t care less, either (about Cam).

I thought your “Brady” reply was in response to my question right above it......which puzzled me.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I couldn’t care less, either (about Cam).

I thought your “Brady” reply was in response to my question right above it......which puzzled me.

understood

and no,,,it was a general comment on this thread of Cam leaving and who would replace

just a wild butt guess on my part as I have no clue on things pro-sports

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Looking like Brady to the Bucs. Im thinking instead of a trade the Panthers just out right cut Cam.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Worst case for the Panthers is that they cut Cam and save almost $20M in cap space. That's really not a bad place to be. Cam has little to no trade value as an older running QB coming off ankle and shoulder injuries. If they get anything for him in trade, it will be a bonus...

My hope is that the Panthers maximize their draft picks over the next 2 drafts, go winless this season, and get Trevor Lawrence to build around. Will be interesting to see how the process plays out with Tepper calling the shots...

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I agre with the Cam part......due to injuries I'm not sure how much they can get for him, but if I could get anything I would.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Cam is one of those players that I’d like to buy for what he’s worth......and sell him for what some Panthers fans think he’s worth.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Panthers released that kneeling, Colin Kapernick lovin Eric Reid today.....[emoji106]

I was glad. Couldn't stand the idiot. Has zero fundamentals of football. Launching your shoulder is not tackling.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
If the Panthers wanna get Trevor Lawrence, they better work on beefing up their O line.
Lawrence may have some diificulty with the amount of pro hits he might take as the line currently is, from what I've seen.
Or, I could be wrong.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
If the Panthers wanna get Trevor Lawrence, they better work on beefing up their O line.
Lawrence may have some diificulty with the amount of pro hits he might take as the line currently is, from what I've seen.
Or, I could be wrong.
You're not wrong .

maelstrom

Four Pointer
Or, I could be wrong.

Seems like the Panthers have always had a weak O line. Poor Steve Beuerlein got his brains beat out.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
BTW.....what’s the former MVP worth on the open market?

We’re about to find out, and it’s gonna be ugly (IMO).

Worth NADA on the trade market, they publicly said they did not want him and then hired his replacement.. I would not give you anything for him even if I wanted him.. you have to release him now for cap reasons and the team that wants him will get him for the salary and nothing else

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I doubt any team trades for him because he will just be released.
I don't know who is left that needs a QB, maybe Denver?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I doubt any team trades for him because he will just be released.
I don't know who is left that needs a QB, maybe Denver?

Great.

The cancer that keeps on giving.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Panthers signed QB P.J. Walker and traded QB Kyle Allen to the Redskins.
Here's to hoping both have good careers!