Paid dove hunt

Brhc2

Button Buck
Anybody have any info or leads on a paid dove hunt open to the public for opening day? I'm located in wilmington and don't mind driving about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours to hunt... let me know what's out there!

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Anderson Creek Hunting Preserve. I recently visited and they didn't plant much to attract the doves. It is hit or miss with them over the years.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Anyone ever done this Pittmann Farms Dove Hunt? If so, what was your impression of the hunt? Only 6 minutes away from my deceased brother's home off Hwy 41 in Lumberton.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
He usually has good amounts of them. All the pasture seems to help.

There were quite a few doves there when we visited. We just didn't see much food to hold them there. There are years when I can't keep the gun loaded and other years when I hardly needed to load the gun.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
There were quite a few doves there when we visited. We just didn't see much food to hold them there. There are years when I can't keep the gun loaded and other years when I hardly needed to load the gun.
I hunted there the second year I was down here, I think that one is overpriced for what you get (lack of organization, crowded, etc) But his pastures have all sorts of food for them. They don't just eat crops.

Honestly, it just seems so hit and miss no matter what, I'll go to the gamelands before I do another paid hunt.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I thought the price was pretty reasonable when they had their pig pickin' at noon. Last year and again this year, it is cancelled. There are quite a few hunters but I've not felt crowded. Maybe that is because I'm not hunting the field directly across from the house. I'm not talking crops. I'm talking about plant a few sunflowers and millet. When I first started hunting there, he was planting sunflowers.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Another one from Facebook. Liberty Branch Hunt Club in Halifax County.

I have no personal experience with any of the places I posted about except for Anderson Creek.

Last edited:

Brhc2

Button Buck
Bump.... Does anyone know of a public pay dove hunt up the I-40 corridor between Wilmington and Newton Grove?