Pack Upgrade and Climbing Stick Overhaul

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Every time i look at stuff like this (saddles, lock on & climbing sticks, etc) i'm reminded of how simple it is to slap the 2 cables of my summit around a tree and go up, then pull up the pack and rifle/bow. I can be 15 ft up a tree very quickly, and the light aluminium summit makes a great frame for my pack to be strapped to.

I just don't see how all this stuff helps make it easier or better than a normal climber.

unless you just want to get in a jacked up tree because there are no straight trees where you are.

I thought the same, until I tried it. Much rather pack in 5-10lbs of sticks & a platform, versus a 20lb climber. And after you do it a couple times, you can be up a tree quieter & as quickly as a climber. And safer..

I also found I am concealed better/ more naturally standing behind the tree or sitting, than I was sitting on a climber . Especially at 12-15 ft. Easier to adjust if you see a deer coming in from a bad angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This is the same reason for me. I hunt public land (need to find a club to get in) and usually hike in far or come in via the water. So the lighter the better. And as stated, the concealment is much better than a climber. Can climb almost any tree.

I would say do whatever works for you.

I thought the same, until I tried it. Much rather pack in 5-10lbs of sticks & a platform, versus a 20lb climber. And after you do it a couple times, you can be up a tree quieter & as quickly as a climber. And safer..

I also found I am concealed better/ more naturally standing behind the tree or sitting, than I was sitting on a climber . Especially at 12-15 ft. Easier to adjust if you see a deer coming in from a bad angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro