Owner of Hogue Grips dies in Reno jet race

Merlin

Six Pointer
I saw that the other day. I saw Hogue knives as a sponsor on the plane but didn’t make the connection until I watched Juan’s report on the crash. RIP and prayers for his family.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Absolute shame someone lost a loved one but I look at that as “play stupid games you win stupid prizes”……..

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Seems similar to the guy who's P51 crashed years ago. Glad this one didn't go into the crowd! Sorry for that family's loss.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Really?

How many people die each day on a motorcycle or car and truck. Maybe factor in Boats.
Then look up the air races and how many people die.

Yes really. What part of racing a jet especially against another at the same time is something any sane person would do??? That is a stupid game if there’s ever been one.
You don’t invite death everyday when you commute to and from in a car or motorcycle. Racing a jet is giving death a front row invitation.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
What part of racing a jet especially against another at the same time is something any sane person would do???

You don’t invite death everyday when you commute to and from in a car or motorcycle.
You are saying all the fighter pilots are not sane. Ok

And I call bull sheit on the daily commute!

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seems similar to the guy who's P51 crashed years ago. Glad this one didn't go into the crowd! Sorry for that family's loss.
We know the p-51 crash was due to a trim tab coming loose and sending the plane into a high g move that induced G-loc (G loss of consciousness). Images and video show him slumped or something indicating incapacitation.

This jet crash has two theories at the present so we will see what it ends up being. One is a pilot in his sophomore season making a sudden correction to stay on course which caused G-loc and the the other is mechanical issue of some kind. There is an image showing something (control surface)? separating from the airplane but it is not yet revealed if that is early or late in the accident sequence. These races always have very high quality video and images so they are gathering all of that. They want to know what the pilots head was doing during the sequence.

Mechanical Failure on the P-51. Pilot Error on the jet crash?

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
You are saying all the fighter pilots are not sane. Ok

And I call bull sheit on the daily commute!

Lol. No. I’m saying knowingly placing yourself in harms way where death will be the outcome of a majority of whatever goes wrong in the name of a freaking GAME is the height of being selfishly f—king stupid.

Fighter pilots don’t count. Daily commuters don’t count. Motorcycle riders don’t count. Skate boarders don’t count. Skipping and holding hands don’t count etc. lol. Knowingly racing a jet for no other reason than “I want to” counts. We ain’t gonna agree on this apparently. But the difference is clear to me

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
It’s selfish of you to shame someone for having a little fun.

I’m not getting out of here alive so I might as well go happy.

Lol. If this was some guy or gal that fell off a building while taking a selfie or who fell while rock climbing a cliff or some other stupid crap like that, y’all be like “play stupid games win stupid prizes”, but let one guy crash a f’ing jet while racing it and apparently everybody’s supposed to die doing dumb $h!t and having fun. lol

Just because someone is dead it doesn’t mean they can’t be held accountable for doing something stupid that got’em there.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Almost sounds like someone is a little jealous or something like that.
Or maybe suffering from no balls at all.

There are a lot of things I will not do by choice, but to call someone " being selfishly f—king stupid." Is wrong just because you do not agree.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
If this was some guy or gal that fell off a building while taking a selfie or who fell while rock climbing a cliff or some other stupid crap like that, y’all be like “play stupid games win stupid prizes”, but let one guy crash a f’ing jet while racing it and apparently everybody’s supposed to die doing dumb $h!t and having fun.

You can die of an aneurysm today or trip on a curb and crack your skull. Not a real masculine way to die.

Die racing? You died with your balls intact.

I participate in a lot of inherently dangerous activities.