Overnight trip

redbow

Ten Pointer
Heading out of Morehead this weekend on a 24 hr bottom fishing trip. Marine forecast is calling for 3-5 ft seas on Saturday and 3-4 on Sunday. That seems good to me. What do y'all think? Also, it's been awhile since I've been out on 24 hr trip. Any advice?

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Heading out of Morehead this weekend on a 24 hr bottom fishing trip. Marine forecast is calling for 3-5 ft seas on Saturday and 3-4 on Sunday. That seems good to me. What do y'all think? Also, it's been awhile since I've been out on 24 hr trip. Any advice?

I've always felt that the forecast comes in a foot or so higher than they predict. If they say 2-3 it seems it's always 3 to 4 and so on.

Never done a 24hr trip myself so no advice there.....just fish as much as you can.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
5s at 5sec and 5s at 10sec are two different animals, but as was mentioned, shouldn’t be terrible

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I might try the bottom a day next week. I have been tuna fishing 3 weeks in a row and had some good trips but ready for a change. Hell, I really don't even like tuna:oops:, but I do love to catch them!!

keep me posted

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I might try the bottom a day next week. I have been tuna fishing 3 weeks in a row and had some good trips but ready for a change. Hell, I really don't even like tuna:oops:, but I do love to catch them!!

you ain’t let nobody hold them tuna bellies?!

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
I have not kept a lot. I stock the freezer for my wife and give some to the neighbors. What do you do with the bellies?

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
they are good eats,,,(y)

but the rich folks use em for bait :eek:
I guess it would work for a grouper or a snapper. Maybe we will find out soon. I cleaned one about 50 pounds this morning and put the belly in a bag. I will be happy to share with you if we can get us a trip figured out.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
They used to be free before idiots started spouting off about it. Would catch the hell out of drum on them. Pickers couldn’t pick it clean. Oily. Free. A couple disgruntled drum fishermen let the cat out of bag on a radio show and every to every tom, dick, and harry that came into a certain tackle shop, as an FU to the shop owner and selling bait after some disagreeances. Word got out and now it’s $10-12/lb. Used to drop a 6 pack off at the cleaning station at your marina of choice at 3pm and come back at 6pm and have ice bags full of belly.

redbow

Ten Pointer
They used to be free before idiots started spouting off about it. Would catch the hell out of drum on them. Pickers couldn’t pick it clean. Oily. Free. A couple disgruntled drum fishermen let the cat out of bag on a radio show and every to every tom, dick, and harry that came into a certain tackle shop, as an FU to the shop owner and selling bait after some disagreeances. Word got out and now it’s $10-12/lb. Used to drop a 6 pack off at the cleaning station at your marina of choice at 3pm and come back at 6pm and have ice bags full of belly.
I wouldn't have said anything but like you said that cat has been out of the bag for a while.