Outer Banks ... no better

Wv67

Ten Pointer
My son with some other family went to the outer banks Saturday to stay until this Saturday , because they thought it would be better than Myrtle , well for the last few days they been called dumb hillbilly’s , rednecks racist etc etc well today my son got fined 80 bucks on an assault , luckily no jail time but it ticks me off that ya can’t go and relax somewhere yeah he has a lifted truck with high class white trash , and ridge runner in the windows but no flags etc nothing racial , he is 21 and does iron work and is a welder pays for all his stuff .. today a fella in his 30s runs his mouth and Kyle knocks him out and gets in trouble pisses me off it’s ignorant ... sorry for the rant

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I literally took a deep sigh... reminds me of a time that cost me $700. At the time that was a lot of money but it was worth it...

... it was worth it because it taught me early that you can't settle scores because the loser presses charges.

Case was eventually tossed because of circumstances... notably because he assaulted me first and I didn't press charges.

Now I just walk away. Hopefully your boy learns the lesson.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I mean, if we’re being honest, “iron worker and welder who worked hard to get what he has”, would be a touch classier than “high class white trash”.........I’ve seen the decal before and I can assure you “high class” is the last thing on anyone’s mind that sees it.

Wv67

Ten Pointer
I’m not bragging about it at all and he was raised to ignore stupid chit ,like I was but he was also taught if you can’t just walk away make it worth it the guy from Ohio should of just minded his business my boy is laid back and is always the clown , and has discipline , I’m not proud he got in a fight but proud he stood his ground the way he was raised , and he has his. CWP also so does all the rest of my family with him good ol boys don’t run

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
If he can’t keep his cool for someone doing no more than running their mouth, $80 is a cheap lesson to learn. You can’t just “take it outside” and part ways anymore. Those days are long gone. He’ll have to learn that you can turn around and walk away. “He has it coming” or “he asked for it” don’t mean jack anymore. It’ll only give you a rap sheet and cost you more money. You’ll not prove a point to anyone other than you appear to enjoy talking with lawyers. Hopefully he’ll learn.
ETA if someone makes a move first on the other hand, all bets are off.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Doesn't sound like $80 on assault. Sounds like $80 on being involved. Sounds like the officers on scene had to give him something. $80 probably the minimum they could give him, for doing the rest of the beach goers a favor.

People from Ohio are notoriously loud instigators, until they're not. At least the ones I've met.

Reactions: DRS

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
today my son got fined 80 bucks on an assault

He better do anything he can to get an Assault charge dropped. He does not want that on his record.
Seen several when I was selling gun get denied on BGC for having assault or other charges on their record.
They always claimed that but I have no clue what their record really was.
Most common was younger kids in college or just out of that did something dumb.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
No problem with him punching the guy.

What prompted the interaction? Did the other dude just walk up to him and start talking for no reason?

If so, I'm with Tip and will donate 80 for him to go back and hit him again.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
For the other fella $80 was a cheap lesson as well. Stop running your mouth unless you're holding up a sign or breaking a window to steal other peoples stuff, then it seems to be acceptable.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I been able to get outa that charge claiming Agravated Assault.
But the judge reminded me “sometimes ya gota be the bigger man and walk away”

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
You shouldn't punch people in the mouth. All you end up with is teeth in your knuckles, boxers fracture and a tetanus shot. Round house kicks to the face work better.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
My boys have need taught of they throw the first punch they are in deep dark doodoo. I wouldmuch prefer they throw the last. We live in a litigious society. I'm glad your boy got off light with an 80.00 ticket.

Cam

Four Pointer
My boys have need taught of they throw the first punch they are in deep dark doodoo. I wouldmuch prefer they throw the last. We live in a litigious society. I'm glad your boy got off light with an 80.00 ticket.
If your kids decides he has no way out but to throw some hands no need waiting to get hit first. Go to his a## . All these people that think you have to be passive are the very reason you have fools acting like what is going on now in the strrets

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I said nothing about passive. If you want you kids to "throw some hands" first that's up to you.

But just maybe thats why we have what we have in the streets. To many want to use their hands and not cooler heads. I'll pray for your family those hands don't find the wrong one. People are armed to the teeth in my neck of the woods.

Cam

Four Pointer
I said nothing about passive. If you want you kids to "throw some hands" first that's up to you.

But just maybe thats why we have what we have in the streets. To many want to use their hands and not cooler heads. I'll pray for your family those hands don't find the wrong one. People are armed to the teeth in my neck of the woods.
The point was that if there is no way out dont get your nose broke before you think its ok to fight.And for me and mine we stay heeled. And i welcome all the prayers i can get because every knee will bow. But as my pastor says you dont have to be weak or passive to be a christian.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
My take is let a fool go right ahead and show everyone just how foolish he can be.

laugh and try to move on while keeping a close eye on the fool and any of his friends.

now once a man has done that he’s sent a loud message to the fool that he’s not interested in an argument.

if the fool follows him and attempts in any way to heed or block an escape route. That’s when the fool gets a lesson in tactics.

try to remove yourself from foolishness if at all possible. But no one has to be a doormat for a bully.

Last edited:

Castle Oak 2

Six Pointer
The OB and the Crystal Coast were taken over years ago by Ohioians. They can't drive, have no manners (Southern graces) and apparently they don't know how to cook cause they wait in line for hours at restaurants. I quit going to the beach from April to September because of the influx of northerners. We have summer rentals around our house in EI, most renters are from Ohio or Virginia. We've had bicycles stolen along with landscaping rocks. My wife loves to paint rocks and uses them to decorate our flower bed which is next to the street leading to a public beach access. We had to glue the rocks together in big clusters to keep the tourists from stealing them. Sorry, I moved off topic a bit. Wv67, if this charge shows on your son's record, he can have it legally removed as long as there are no other issues. It will cost about $500 and take a few months. And, this is a once in your lifetime thing.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Right. Like speak softly and carry a big stick.
Kinda , sorta , maybe , possibly , could be ;)

but way , way , way more important at least IMVHO , is to not only have the implement/tools to use. But the knowledge/ skill and most important the will to bring them all to bear.

and ...... the mindset that there’s no such thing as a “ fair” fight. Once it starts , it only ends when someone cannot get up.

most folks just don’t have the nads to go that far. Especially the ones that are mouthy to begin with.

it’s the really quiet ones that its a good idea to try to avoid. They’re the ones that hurt ya. :)

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That's why I'm in Ocracoke. Even there, we have some folks that require attitude adjustments. A friend and I were standing outside one of the "hang outs" one evening and a guy form New Jersey made a smart ass remark about my Trump sticker and Confederate battle flag. He had his adult family and a couple of friends with him and obviously had too much sun and alcohol. I waved him off and continued to visit with Alan. He stood there and said it again. I simply asked him if he enjoyed the flavors of his food. He stood there for a second and said, "yeah, why?" I said, " because I'm going to slap the taste out of your mouth if you can't find your way on down the street". His group began to laugh hysterically and helped him to make the decision to move along. One of that group saw me on the beach the next day and stopped to tell me that he appreciated my "tact". Imagine that, Tipmoose 😂😂

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
All actions have consequences. Sounds like someone pushed too far and took the consequences. Sounds like someone reacted to being pushed too far and took the consequences of that. Hopefully two lessons learned.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I wonder if this Kyle had a Monster Energy before the assault. According to the internet that's how it usually goes with Kyle's.