Outer banks/Cape Hatteras Fishing in June

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Heading on family camping trip to Cape Hatteras June 18-24. Staying at Camp Hatteras Campground. The campground has sound access and beach front as well, Rodanthe Public Pier is just up the road. I plan on doing some fishing while I am down there. What is usually biting that time of year (besides the normal sharks and skates)? I plan on surf fishing, pier fishing and hitting up the sound. May even take my kayak in the sound. Recommendations for any bait/lures? Thanks in advance. Don't get to saltwater fish much. Looking forward to a little salt and sand time.

Huffy

Eight Pointer
hey man im on here looking for reports my self i will be down the week before, June 9-16 ill be happy to leave you a report when im done. i cant find much info now im taking my boat and going to fish the inlet west of the bridge a good bit is my plan as of now. send me a pm and ill let you know what i do next week good luck!

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Surf is on fire and has been pretty much all spring, and even winter, with the exception of the storms. Great “normal” progression of pups to toads, blues and mullet, to big drum then cobia and now pompano and Spanish. Pretty much anything that can expect to be caught from the surf is a real possibility. Based on tackle shop and reports from friends.

robertc

Eight Pointer
hey man im on here looking for reports my self i will be down the week before, June 9-16 ill be happy to leave you a report when im done. i cant find much info now im taking my boat and going to fish the inlet west of the bridge a good bit is my plan as of now. send me a pm and ill let you know what i do next week good luck!
We will be down beginning next Monday the 11th staying until the 16th at Camp Hatteras Campground sound side. Planning on fishing out of my kayak on the sound and surf fishing the beach. Good luck to all. Hopefully we will have a good report to send back.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Well, fishing was poor to say the least. I fished the surf several mornings and evenings with little luck. I caught one little shark and a few mullet. I hit the sound one morning and did catch an undersize drum (about 14") but that was my only hit. No one else was having any luck either in the surf in my area. I heard there were some early morning blitzes of spanish on the piers, but nothing from the beach. Oh well, a bad day fishing at the beach is definitely better than the best day at work.

robertc

Eight Pointer
Least you had better luck than I did. This is my only fish I caught the entire time I was there. Paddle my Kayak Out couple of Miles offshore in the sound and had pods of bait all around me but very little Predator fish
fcf36c4c189ec7a4695c82c98ec18834.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
A good day at work, especially a long day at work, buys me good time at the beach ?...... then again, I hinge my “success” on catching target species lol.

Hate it didn’t work out for you. Wrong place wrong time. Had a fairly constant feed of sea mullet and pompano from friends on FB. Some days your the bug, some days you’re the windshield.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I caught one small pompano off ramp 55 yesterday, but that was about it. Today I fished the inlet and caught a few good sized croakers and some pinfish.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
2 days of surf fishing for my crew at Lookout and all we caught was a good sized Ray and several crabs. Yep, i said crabs after the fleas. Didn’t even know a crab would eat a flea.