Oregon inlet charter

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
I have a couple of clients that want to fish out of Oregon inlet in September. They are interested in catching tuna . What boat would you choose to fish ? Odds of yellowfin in September? . Thanks

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

You can start here, book here, look at the fishing reports from last September to see which boats caught fish, ect....what's biting, ect.
We went on the Tuna Fever last month and I can recommend them highly, they catch fish. But so do other boats in the fleet.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Thanks, one of them has fished on the tuna fever and requested I look for another boat due to the mate at the time. I'm just going for the ride, beer and pay the bill . looking for a fun Capt and mate .

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Fish with Devlin on half fast sportfishing if you want a fun captain and mate. Not sure what they're catching but Devlin will keep you in stitches.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks, one of them has fished on the tuna fever and requested I look for another boat due to the mate at the time. I'm just going for the ride, beer and pay the bill . looking for a fun Capt and mate .
The mate we had this year wasn't the older fella that we had last time, he was a very cordial fella who has worked boats for many years and seemed to do a decent job. I can't say Billy is the most "fun" captain in the fleet, but he catches fish.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
September isn't typically a tuna month out of OI.
The majority of the fleet is chasing white marlin off the va line. There are some tuna caught in september, but october and november are a heck of a lot better, imo.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
September isn't typically a tuna month out of OI.
The majority of the fleet is chasing white marlin off the va line. There are some tuna caught in september, but october and november are a heck of a lot better, imo.
Thank you, I will be chasing bear then , we might have to delay until next spring. They are wanting a meat fish trip .

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
A few tuna around in Sept but typically the offshore fleet at Oregon Inlet will be chasing white marlin that time of year. Some boats/capts/mates are better than others, and there are a handful there that are truly world class. You won’t be able to book those guys as they are booked in Aug-Sept a year out for white marlin season. The good thing is, there are really no “bad” boats/capts/mates up there.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
A few tuna around in Sept but typically the offshore fleet at Oregon Inlet will be chasing white marlin that time of year. Some boats/capts/mates are better than others, and there are a handful there that are truly world class. You won’t be able to book those guys as they are booked in Aug-Sept a year out for white marlin season. The good thing is, there are really no “bad” boats/capts/mates up there.
If you had one boat to pick next spring which one would it be? This is for a good time,a few tuna in the boat and relax and cut up . These guys are the cooperate type, to much work involved to fish my style but I need to return a favor or two. Thanks for the replies

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
Most target whites those months. Smoker and sea breeze are some of the best meat fisherman in the fleet at oifc. They might be worth a call at least.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Pelican
Bi-Op-Sea
Trophy Hunter
Rigged Up
Qualifier
Point Runner
Smoker
Skirt Chaser

Put ‘em all in a hat and pick one.

Last edited:

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Smoker
Pelican
Waste knot out of Pirates Cove
Skirt chaser

Most boats are good, a few I’d stay away from

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
If you had one boat to pick next spring which one would it be? This is for a good time,a few tuna in the boat and relax and cut up . These guys are the cooperate type, to much work involved to fish my style but I need to return a favor or two. Thanks for the replies
Marlin Gull. Call Kenny Midget and book you a fun day.