Optima V2 pistol sight in yardage from other owners of this pistol

NCMTNSHunter

Button Buck
Just picked up an Optima V2 in open sights to have a bit more fun this season since my dad will be using my Optima rifle this season. It's a proven performer with bh209 and .40 xtps. I'm going to get out hopefully tomorrow before work to get the open sights dialed in since I replaced the stock rear buckhorn with a William Firesight which will give me a bit better early light option. I wanted to find out about best sight in yardage since around here where I usually hunt it's very thick and not a great place for a scoped pistol. I planned on going with 80-85 grains of blackhorn at 25 yards and then get it zeroed at 50 yards. Just wanted to see if anyone that has an Optima pistol has any other recommendations. Thanks

NCMTNSHunter

Button Buck
Winds finally died down yesterday afternoon so I now have the pistol zeroed in for fifty yards....bring on the deer. Ended up having to put the original rear buckhorn sight on the pistol since the firesight I also bought just wasn't tall enough. 80 grains of bh209 and the .40 cal xtp's work great. Stock grips could use some work but overall the pistol is working great. Now if I had only kept on to the Knight HK94 Hawkeye pistol I bought back in the early 90's. Got quite a few deer in NH and VT with it but so it goes. Guess I'll just have to add to the collection of CVA's I have.....

SWAMPTHING

Button Buck
I have one but never really did anything with it but gonna change that. I just ordered a scope and with any luck I can bust 1 with it before the end of the season.
Have you had any luck with yours?

NCMTNSHunter

Button Buck
I ended up selling it after 1 season with no deer shot with it. I've since converted over to smokeless muzzleloading. Shot a nice coyote 2 yrs ago with the Katahdin 45/70 converted by Jeff Hankins. Now I've upgraded to a 26" ASG/MGM barrel for my encore. No deer to its credit and I'm using it still in NC. It was a fun pistol to shoot with 90 grains of BH209 and open sights. If I can find another I'd definitely scope it for sure.