Opinions wanted

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
Some of you guys know I make knives. I wanted to show you a small knife I have come up with. I thought it was original but a buddy told me it has been out a few years. My question I want y'all to answer is if this knife would be useful in the field when it comes to skinning. Any and all comments are wanted, both good and bad. Do note that I can make the knife bigger if needed and the finger hole can be made larger also.
7y4y7a2a.jpg
hyre4avy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That'd be a great little detail knife for caping and such. I like all your stuff man, you do good work!!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
that style is often called a "bird and trout knife",,,,,,,looks nice,,,,,i'd prefer a slightly narrower blade on one like that,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:

BERTIE RENEGADE

The blade would be perfect for caping and such but just as important to me is the handle. I like a larger full style handle for comfort for no hand and finger cramps. The knives you make are awesome treasures.

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
The knife idea came from a trapper friend. I guess next season will be the test.

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns
I like it but haven't tried anything like that. I would prefer a beefier handle as well. The paracord would get nasty, IMHO, even with the epoxy. A handle the size of the matched pair would be perfect I think.

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
Grizz, I do think your correct about it getting nasty. The one good thing about 550 cord is it can be replaced.

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
WOW I didnt know that this little knife would be a hit. I will see how many I can get made and let everyone know when they are done.

Thanks, Mike

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
I think they will be 40-45 depending on how much my buddy charges me to make the Kydex for them. I am still up in the air on if they should have a blet clip or not on the sheath.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I think they will be 40-45 depending on how much my buddy charges me to make the Kydex for them. I am still up in the air on if they should have a blet clip or not on the sheath.
I'm thinking a neck knife so I would make my own leather sheath and strap.
just like the blade and design, they are cool.

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
Firestomper shoot me a pm and we will talk about it. You might be pleasantly surprised at the cost.

Contenderv07

Six Pointer
wow I think those look great!!!! I may have to see if my accountant (my wife haha) will let me get one since we just got 2 bows this past weekend..

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
BTW every knife I make comes with some form of a sheath. Not having one would it would be mostly useless.