Opinions on choke brands

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Shooting a semi auto .410 for turkey season and probably on in to waterfowl season. Any specific recommendations as to Jebs, Sumtoy, Carlson or others?

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
All will work with you until you get the patterns you desire. Im partial to Carlsons myself, they have the inventory and staff to make it happen.
Sumtoy is good, but hard to deal with this time of year.....

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The good thing about Sumtoy is he will make you anything you need if you happen to have that particular gun that wants to be a PITA. Like was mentioned now things are busy but he is very accommodating. Briley did that for me years ago but not near as accommodating.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In a 410 definately Sumtoy. William will make you chokes and swap out until it works like you want and you are satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Sumtoy or Jeb’s would get my vote, I have both and both are great to work with. Sumtoy is about 2 weeks out right now. I’ll also throw compnchoke out there they throw good patterns.

dbohunts

Six Pointer
I have always had very good luck with Carlson's for waterfowl. Both out of benelli and Remington guns.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Briley and Carlson’s have always performed well for me. Can’t speak to some of the above mentioned but sounds like they perform for them. Also have several Berettas and their factory chokes are actually good too.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Shooting a semi auto .410 for turkey season and probably on in to waterfowl season. Any specific recommendations as to Jebs, Sumtoy, Carlson or others?

The brand hasn't been as important as the proof on the paper IMO. The turkey choke in my mossberg (TSS9) is branded a "pass shooting" duck tube for steel shot. It may be possible to get 1 choke for the job. My choke is Indian Creek.