Opening day

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm out in Warren County, sitting on the UTV at a crossing spot with the rifle on my lap and a mug of coffee, waiting to see if the dogs will run one by. Judging from the amount of truck traffic going by the house this morning, they should be hot and heavy.

Good luck to all today!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
820f142bd3c0403fc6ea53c9259b111f.jpg

What caliber is that 99 ?

muzzymomentless

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I'm out in Warren County, sitting on the UTV at a crossing spot with the rifle on my lap and a mug of coffee, waiting to see if the dogs will run one by. Judging from the amount of truck traffic going by the house this morning, they should be hot and heavy.

Good luck to all today!

Nice looking rifle

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Ended up finding a small amount of dark brown hair and one tiny bit of meat, no blood what so ever. Searched high & low and along the adjacent creek. We think it was a top of the back graze.

SnowMaker

Eight Pointer
Ended up finding a small amount of dark brown hair and one tiny bit of meat, no blood what so ever. Searched high & low and along the adjacent creek. We think it was a top of the back graze.
That's a bummer man. Good on you for looking hard I'd been waiting for an update. At least you saw deer and got a shot off

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Good luck to all today!

Love the rifle!

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I’m in. Raining acorns and plenty of poop. Saw a large bodied deer across the pond moving out of a bedding area. Nice evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry for the delay fellas!

We had an epic morning @smar got his first nc buck, my buddy shot the spike and I shot my best buck to date.

Almost blew the opportunity. Him and a doe come behind me from down a ridge about 85 yards away. I slowly stud up and spun around for a shot and they luckily stopped as they were crossing by the lake. I shot and he dropped and plowed off into some thick brush. About 5 minutes later I heard what sounded like splashing not far from where I had last seen him. I eased down and picked up the blood trail. I actually walked past him and he was bedded down in some high grass on the edge of the lake. A quick follow up shot and it was all over. His neck was swollen and his hocks were black! I would have really liked to have gotten him on a scale Bc I believe he was close to 200lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk