Ooops

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hey! Look what just showed up. Total of 23 hens and Jakes. Couldn't get em all in pic some moving quicker than others. Made my day

Attachments

• 1209181557.jpg
    1209181557.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 1209181555c.jpg
    1209181555c.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: PG2

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good For You Hevi 13. anson. Looks like some fun come spring.
Thanks OS. We have only had this lease for 3 years, the first year we saw 6 birds and never heard a gobble. Last year my daughter killed her first bird there but it was still tough. Now we see this many hens and Jake's and my buddy saw 6 longbeards on the backside today. I have to give credit to my trapper for turning this property around, its amazing what can happen when you reduce the predators. We even have 2 coveys of wild quail. If rather see the birds than the bucks that roam it and believe me it holds some studs.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks OS. We have only had this lease for 3 years, the first year we saw 6 birds and never heard a gobble. Last year my daughter killed her first bird there but it was still tough. Now we see this many hens and Jake's and my buddy saw 6 longbeards on the backside today. I have to give credit to my trapper for turning this property around, its amazing what can happen when you reduce the predators. We even have 2 coveys of wild quail. If rather see the birds than the bucks that roam it and believe me it holds some studs.
you've got your priorities straight. you can find the tasty big rats everywhere, turkeys not so much. :)
Awesome on the quail as well.