Onx uodate issues

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Ive been hearing alot of complaints about the latest onx update,especially the new compass deal. While I haven't seen a problem as of yet, I have had some issues with reliability. If any of you have had issues I encourage you to check out gaia. It does everything onx does plus a ton more layers. I'm not bashing onx as I still use it,just offering as suggestion as a backup. It is also WAY cheaper than onx for the whole country.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Only issue I’ve had was the update before this last one where I couldn’t mark distances on the map to measure. That’s been taken care of now though.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Only issue I’ve had was the update before this last one where I couldn’t mark distances on the map to measure. That’s been taken care of now though.
The issues I've had may be more due to my phone than the app itself. It's been very glitchy,freezing or shutting down during a track,not pulling up saved maps, not showing waypoints or saved tracks etc.

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Sure glad Ive not had that. My wife and I run their backcountry version also. So far all is well, which is great since I’ve relied heavily on it.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Had few issues biggest is I'll download a offline map then when out use it it's either blurry or no detail just dots all over it I'm gonna contact them when I get home has dod this 3 times recently

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Which size you using? Anything other than high res is useless as far as detail goes.
I've used high and the medium it's done it with both last time map i had pulled up at home before left worked fine the other 2 i pulled up in woods both just full dots it didn't do that last spring not sure what going on

bhwaugh1

Six Pointer
They just fixed this issue today. The new navigation/compass was driving me crazy, I hated it. I believe enough people complained so they finally switched it back to it was.