One mo time again!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Swore I wasn’t going to do this again but here I am.

Other box was just too small early in the season when I packed it full of other folks dogs and it took a while to get them out.

With just my 8 and even a couple extra never any heating problems but you pack it full and you better be getting them out soon.

Soooo, here I am building a bigger one. 64489709-1EFB-47BC-9E5B-361B0BA9954E.jpeg4A231280-6C45-425B-A9BC-79B461835B33.jpeg6C217725-2D0E-4B57-88E3-0A6A1279325D.jpeg

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Plugging along. Hope to finish the top bracing this evening and that will put me ready to take the old box off tomorrow and set this one in for final mock up.

Tack up divider and door frames and it comesBCED21A8-FF85-4D86-B7E2-D2D26257FFCD.jpegB4492D52-4ECC-4E3E-B825-A1DF479A78EC.jpeg out for final welding, water tank, top and doors and rails.

At this point I am at 3# of aluminum rod and I will use at least that much more.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pretty resigned to the fact that I am not going to have it ready next weekend. Friend died and have a funeral to attend so most likely no progress today.

Been doing stuff on this one like there is going to be absolutely no wiring exposed for bored dogs to chew and stuff like that takes time. I did finish up on that crap in time to build the water tank and one door and clamped the door in place for fit. These doors are a little different than I normally build I think I am going to like them. E7C2FB31-DB2B-44BB-9379-0BD5B8255944.jpegBB1E9CD0-A62D-4899-9D5C-C381C6838165.jpeg

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Sorry about your friend. Purdy work tho. Saw one recently I should’ve took a picture of and sent to you. Welds were so terrible and painted over I thought “dang idk how that guy managed to keep his whole box holding together with 3/8” beads of black silicone….

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks, well I can tell you just how much I have went downhill. Welded up the water tank this weekend. When I was building them all the time I seldom ever had a leak. In fact I had gotten to where if it was something for me I never tested them. Welded this on up and I knew right off I better test it. Good thing I did. 4 pin holes to go back and wash over. :cry:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Amazing work. And exactly what you wanted without having to compromise on anything.
Independence is awesome. Good job!
Thanks, there is at least a days extra work in it just because of that. It has lights on the back for collaring up dogs in the dark and also lights in the bed. There isn't any wires exposed anywhere inside that bed. If you have one wire exposed I don't care how insignificant or hard to get to it is, a bored or frustrated dog or worse yet a puppy will find it and chew it. I made sure during fabrication wires were ran (with spares) for all the lighting within the framework so none would be exposed.