One lugnut....

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
The 16 inch wheel has been in Nascar probably longer than I've watched it. It was time for it to go IF it means better racing. Not sure I've seen evidence of that as of yet.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Lighter wheel and time????? Can't the tire changer carry it? Would do away with more personell and lower team costs.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
When factory model cars come with one lug nut, then fine, let nascar use them.

If one lug is safer in racing then so be it.

But built it lift etc are for strictly racing cars. Nascar is/was supposed to be about STOCK cars. Somewhat resembling what we could buy. They left that mentality long ago, and the empty seats are a direct correlation of that.

If they want to go to strictly racing cars/pit stops etc, I'll still watch, but they HAVE to change their name first.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
When factory model cars come with one lug nut, then fine, let nascar use them.

If one lug is safer in racing then so be it.

But built it lift etc are for strictly racing cars. Nascar is/was supposed to be about STOCK cars. Somewhat resembling what we could buy. They left that mentality long ago, and the empty seats are a direct correlation of that.

If they want to go to strictly racing cars/pit stops etc, I'll still watch, but they HAVE to change their name first.

That whole thing has been out the window for many many years with the whole front wheel drive into a "stock" car ordeal.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Not sure about the supra but im pretty sure the stang and karo's are still rear wheel drives...

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I think it was the Taurus that started that whole thing. I remember guys at local tracks whining about it. I LOL'ed. This was back in the 90's.