One food plot complete

karleydavidson46

Six Pointer
Got one food plot done today! Before and after.. now the wait begins.
73e51c3bb0939f0d5c4d281e28c94b3b.jpg
6de930c861b32fc937e5fafbb747857e.jpg
c91a50639e857094a19af6ff6a195b13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
If you feed them they will come!

Keep after it.. 1st plant may not be as thick as you want but hit it again with reseeding and lime in fall.

Also, for whatever reason deer seem to be wary (nocturnal) for 1st year of a new plot but will eventually accept it and feed durin daylight

PSell

Four Pointer
This weekend I'll check on 3 plots I planted 3 weeks ago...since it didn't get too cold last night, I'm hoping for a really good start.
BTW. I enjoy seeing the work everyone does on their own plots, exciting to see how many people are improving the habitat for their game populations.

Last edited:

karleydavidson46

Six Pointer
This weekend I'll check on 3 plots I planted 3 weeks ago...since it didn't get too cold last night, I'm hoping for a really good start.
BTW. I enjoy seeing the work everyone does on their own plots, exciting to see how many people are improving the habitat for their game populations.

My bigger plot is starting to come up well but all this rain and no sun for that past week didn’t help so it’s being a little slow but it’s starting and my second small plot it’s trying but just way too wet

PSell

Four Pointer
My bigger plot is starting to come up well but all this rain and no sun for that past week didn’t help so it’s being a little slow but it’s starting and my second small plot it’s trying but just way too wet

Looks like this weekend rain and the increased temps next week should do our plots some good.

pir8rn

Six Pointer
How big are these plots, acreage wise? I'm trying to get an idea for how much room I need to plan on clearing when I get to this point...

karleydavidson46

Six Pointer
My biggest is about an acre. They have been eating from it like crazy and best part mostly during the day only have a few night time pictures. Have a mineral site on the edge they’re wearing out too.
bb6f64a6736e2dd84827e89f95ce984e.jpg
5d91635a43a1b00425ac079e2b401017.jpg

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
My biggest is about an acre. They have been eating from it like crazy and best part mostly during the day only have a few night time pictures. Have a mineral site on the edge they’re wearing out too.
bb6f64a6736e2dd84827e89f95ce984e.jpg
5d91635a43a1b00425ac079e2b401017.jpg

What is that you planted ?

karleydavidson46

Six Pointer
What is that you planted ?

Whitetail Greens “Hidey Hole” Oats, wheat, clover, rape, clover (no till mix) my other Plot is “Texas Heat” which is peas and soybeans
If you’re ever interested in seed through them you can use my code KD10 and get 10% off

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
Whitetail Greens “Hidey Hole” Oats, wheat, clover, rape, clover (no till mix) my other Plot is “Texas Heat” which is peas and soybeans
If you’re ever interested in seed through them you can use my code KD10 and get 10% off

Thank you looks good. I thought about doing something like that over in the woods by my house. Did you put out any fertilizer or lime ?