Old video but tree huggers visit NC to cry about cutting trees on the national forests

Cam

Four Pointer
Its hard to belive that people could really think that way. Takes all kinds i guess.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Trump is fighting global warming creating new snowflakes everyday.

Pittsboro’s hippie mob has been in town protesting Chatham parks tree removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
those kind of people,,,then and today,,,are "lost" that's for sure,,,they bewail the cutting of trees and such, but they wear clothes and eat foods that would not be available if the world didn't function as it does,,,

they can all pound sand,,,

only folks on that side of the issue I'll give any credence to are those truly "living as one with nature",,,,naked, or dressed only in what they scavenge off the forest floor,,,eating what they can find, but giving thanks to the "beings" spirit before they ingest it, etch,,,

standing there (well kneeling) and fake crying for a dead tree,,,then going home to your abode MADE OF WOOD is hypocritical

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I’m a Procurement Forester. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve been on a logging job on the side of the road and have had neighbors or passers by, tell us we are raping the land and ruining the environment by cutting down the trees. I always get a good chuckle out of it, and tell them to politely have a nice day.

Big problem is as well that there are plenty of “educated” people who believe logging or any kind of related activity are hurting the environment.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Coupla years back, I saw a bumper sticker on a log trailer. It said. "When they stop logging, you can wipe your ass with a spotted owl"

At one time, they were proposing to build a large asphalt plant around here, and the tree-huggers came out in droves to protest. As we were watching the news coverage, the wife asked me, "how do you recon all those people got there?"

double

Twelve Pointer
Trump is fighting global warming creating new snowflakes everyday.

Pittsboro’s hippie mob has been in town protesting Chatham parks tree removal.

The poor folks of Chatham county are being overrun by the Chapel Hell hippy crowd

She protests the cutting down of trees but I would bet money she is pro choice. One is a renewable resource for every tree that is taken plant 10 , 20 ,30 more.

outdoorNC

Spike
Good for a laugh, what an ignorant bunch of psychos. Having nothing but old growth mature forests is not good for a lot of wildlife such as grouse, deer etc.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I do lanscaping in Se Va and people are nuts over old live oaks. People will pay up to $30,000 to move these big old live oaks that are where a new development or new road are going. Over half of these big tress die or halfway die back. I always say lets get some new trees planted in the area that have a much better chance to survive but always get shot down.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
ok i had to stop watching, i may go back and watch later, its just not the right place to watch this video and laugh out as loud as much as i did.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They don't have to weep & wail in the woods anymore..........their kith & kind have moved into USFS Management.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Those people are nuts. But, I all for leaving some land as old growth and some in certain stages of re growth. There has to be a balance of all types thus having a mosaic of habitats. Land does get raped sometimes. Example is lots of the forest around Harris lake. Drive around Jordan then Harris and you can see that the ACOE is doing a way better job than Duke Energy. CP @ L used to do ok with the forest there then they found a few Rcw's.... where those were found was clear cut and now is young loblollies .......