Old Mitchells Vs Daiwa Silver series

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Who likes which one and why.... Old Mitchells Made in France which have a big following or the Daiwa Silver Series reels??? . I have a few Mitchells with my favorite being a big Mitchell 302 but I prefer the Daiwa SS reels having some med and big ones like the 2500c , 3000c, 4000 and 7000c.

Crappie man

Six Pointer
I have three Daiwa SS700 . Been fishing those and the 1300 for many years. They might be old technology but they are ultra long casting, tangle free and bullet proof. Still my favorite spinning reels ever.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a antique Dam Quick that's just as smooth as when it was made, some of those old coffee grinders were good reels.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
we used Alcedos. had to cut the bails off though due to the springs being so shoddy, but that was a blessing. No bail, no problem.
This was pre Cardinal from sweden stuff. I still use a cardinal 3 but mainly to aggravate my SIL with it's racket when you wind it with the anti reverse engaged. :)
The best finesse basser in the nation Ned Kehde of Ned rig fame still uses cardinals.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Have several vintage Dam Quicks, and the worm gear drive system is what sets them apart. All the gearing is bronze phosphorus and hardened steel, no plastic to wear out. Don't make them like that anymore. I have a Quick 1001 that I bought on Ebay, new in the box....line had never been on it. This is an ultra light and can handle most anything with 10 lb. braid.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My very first reel was a Diawa Silver Spin given to me by my mom and dad. It got stolen about 20 years ago with a bunch of my dad's old Mitchell's after I inherited them. I have only one of dad's old Mitchell's that the SOB didn't get. In all, the SOB stole over 3,500 dollars worth of stuff from my house, but the loss of my Dad's fishing tackle, rods and reels stung worse than the rest. Everything else could be replaced, but not that.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Who likes which one and why.... Old Mitchells Made in France which have a big following or the Daiwa Silver Series reels??? . I have a few Mitchells with my favorite being a big Mitchell 302 but I prefer the Daiwa SS reels having some med and big ones like the 2500c , 3000c, 4000 and 7000c.
I still have a 2500 in active use, and a 4000 and 7000 as backups. They have been in my family for at least 35 years. Heavy compared to today's equipment, but just keep on working.