old locOn find

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
We have cut a few outta trees.
I cut this one out this year. I know where at least one more is on the property we hunt. But don’t think it’s coming off that tree.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 31

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
You can date that Loc-On treestand by the Trebark fabric camo seat. Trebark camo originated back in the mid 80's.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I owned at least two of those things. Replaced a couple of seats. Those fold out tubes put my feet to sleep but they folded up nicely to stand to shoot.

Deerhuntr

Ten Pointer
I have several that I’ve replaced the seats with plywood and a cushion. Most of mine have the metal supports instead of cable.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
That's fine for you guys that are 5' 8" and weigh 130...

For us larger types, no thanks..... :ROFLMAO:
I ain’t no lil feller…for those of us the grew up standing in the V of a split trunk tree or sitting on a limb, them tiny loc ons were Cadillacs 😂

huntngolf

Six Pointer
That is an awesome walk in afternoon quick setup that I have one and still use today. I believe that locons were actually built in Greensboro?
I have a gorilla stand like it and would love to find a replacement strap for it but obviously they aren't around as well

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've got a Spirit with a speed hitch rope in the garage that I used for setups way back in the woods. After one of my LEM's got gone, I'd take the bottom few steps out and carry the Spirit in & out on every hunt. I've killed 3 of my to 5 biggest bucks from LocOns and the other 2 from a Cadillac and a permanent tripod stand. Switched to Cadillac stand years ago and haven't thought about going back.

Jim

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Never had one that old. But one of favorites I had that was stolen was a muddy bloodsport. Wish I could find another.

Redheadduck

Eight Pointer
That's a heck of a find for $20👍I remember them. I think Loc on made a climber with the same seat set up and a spring steel band that went around the tree.