Off Season Plans

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It seems like there is always something to do to get ready for next year. All the conversations in the blind of next year we need to do..... we're in the process of building a solid A fram blind for the boat and trying to decide what kind of material to go with and exactly how we want to brush it in. We will be doing some scouting around the local lakes while we fish. My son will likely start hunting with me locally this year. He's not old enough to make a coastal trip but he's ready for the local stuff. Don't care if we melt the barrel just interested in getting him out there. This summer we are planning to make a run east to scout some of the game land and options around the sound and creeks around the sound. My boat is only 17' so we're focusing on some likely spots around creeks and more sheltered areas for a trip or two this coming season. We had considered flooding some of our land here at the house but I think the cost along with the trouble is going to scratch that idea. Already looking forward to next year. Sometimes the fun and work to get ready is just as much fun as the hunt.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Will be building a new blind or adding on to the existing blind that I have on the boat. What I have now seems to work fine through November and December, but come January it seems like we need a little more concealment. Hoping to add in a few more long lines and going to redo how I have the decoys attached to each line. My goal is essentially to add a few dozen more decoys but not increase our setup time.

Going to go scout some new areas this spring/summer and lay down GPS tracks while it’s warm (and daylight) to let us get into some more of the shallow areas. I don’t really like exploring in the dark when the water is 48°.

Also dog training, but that never really stops.

Rexm0311

Spike
Scouting, scouting, and more scouting. It was obvious that I didn't do enough of that by mid to late season.

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Building blinds: let other people do that for me
Lots of dog work through the year especially in the spring and fall running tests and trials. They go up north for the summer. Looking to add another chocolate girl to the group this year.