Ocracoke for the Week

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We generally don’t catch any big ones (36”+) this time of year, but you can really get into the slot fish.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Fishing has been epic. We caught 18 drum this AM and as many hatteras blues that were 8-10# each. Aside from losing 9 rigs this AM, we just gave up on catching them. Guy in our group landed one 42” this AM, but the 20-30” fish are on fire!
ED691B14-CA5A-4162-9341-FAC6E9744E41.jpeg

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Those big schools park down by the inlet this time of year. They love it there for some reason

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve never seen it like this morning, we had a hell of a time. We were about 500 yards down from the point in a pretty good hole between two sand bars.
I zigged when I should’ve zagged down there two years ago. I was in Hatteras and about to board the Ferry to go to ocracoke and decided not to because of the forecast. I stayed on the Point because the weather was good for it until it went south. We got steam rolled on the point that night, it never hit Ocoke, and the boys that went caught double digit citations, some had over 20 40”+ fish, and had a strong pup bite before dark to start the game.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I zigged when I should’ve zagged down there two years ago. I was in Hatteras and about to board the Ferry to go to ocracoke and decided not to because of the forecast. I stayed on the Point because the weather was good for it until it went south. We got steam rolled on the point that night, it never hit Ocoke, and the boys that went caught double digit citations, some had over 20 40”+ fish, and had a strong pup bite before dark to start the game.

happens to the best of us, I hope to find a big one before we head home. If i don’t catch another one, this beach don’t owe me a thing for a while

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
Good god those are some massive blue fish! I’ve only ever caught blues in the gulf and they don’t get near that big.

SKnox

Six Pointer
Will the fish still be biting November and December on the surf or sound Ive never been there in the winter?

Will the fish still be biting November and December on the surf or sound Ive never been there in the winter?
November can be really good. The 3rd week of November last year was incredible. Not so sure about December - the drum and bait have moved out for the most part.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
^^Yea, the smaller slot drum typically are still there until january or later unless we get some really cold weather.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
With the new limits on bluefish I wonder if we will get back to the big blues from the 1980's...
We sure had some big ones then.

Was at Cape Lookout had to remind people to turn them back.
Some had no clue of the limits on Blues and Black Drum.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
With the new limits on bluefish I wonder if we will get back to the big blues from the 1980's...
We sure had some big ones then.

Was at Cape Lookout had to remind people to turn them back.
Some had no clue of the limits on Blues and Black Drum.
I hope not. Those big blues were hard on anything that wasnt a big blue fish. Dont know how many speckle and grey trout ive seen run up on the beach trying to get away from em