Obsession bows?

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Who's got or shot one? what model and how do you like it? How's the let off and back wall? I'm looking at a Defcon M6Z I think it's called gonna go shoot it next week.

killa_cam11

Four Pointer
I have an M6z and Fusion 6. They are shooters for sure! Bring your checkbook when you go to shoot them :D

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Godwins is a dealer and had a few in stock the last time I was in there a few weeks ago. Check them out next time you go by there.

you enabler you,,,,,,,,

I promised myself years ago to NEVER shoot a new bow until I was ready to buy,,,,,you see I shoot such "ancient ones" that these modern ones are like magic!! When I was replacing my 1995(ish) browning compound I went and shot the new (at that time) Hoyts and was like WOW,,,,,,and ended up $1000 poorer on a Vetrix XL! so I know better than to go shoot these new bows that are 10 years newer than what I am currently shooting,,,,them things will spoil a fellow!!

but I may slip over and shoot one anyhow,,,,,,my hoyt's limbs are starting to show some serious issues (beginnings of delamination),,,,,,Think the wife will believe that??

NCHuntUsername1

I would second going to Godwin's. I've bought two bows from Alton now. Good shop, good people. They sell Obsession, Hoyt, Mathews, Prime, PSE, etc., so you really have the opportunity to try a wide range of bows before buying. They are willing to help, but don't pressure you into one thing or another. Also a fair amount of used bows/consignment. As to convincing your wife, good luck. I bought my new Hoyt around the same time I proposed to my fiance, so I had a grace period to work with. :cool:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've known Alton and his mom/dad for 30 years,,,,,good folks

And yes, Alton has a nice archery/sporting goods store

And joking on wife,,,that good woman about let's me do what I want where it comes to hunting / fishing

Last edited:

30/06

Twelve Pointer
you enabler you,,,,,,,,

I promised myself years ago to NEVER shoot a new bow until I was ready to buy,,,,,you see I shoot such "ancient ones" that these modern ones are like magic!! When I was replacing my 1995(ish) browning compound I went and shot the new (at that time) Hoyts and was like WOW,,,,,,and ended up $1000 poorer on a Vetrix XL! so I know better than to go shoot these new bows that are 10 years newer than what I am currently shooting,,,,them things will spoil a fellow!!

but I may slip over and shoot one anyhow,,,,,,my hoyt's limbs are starting to show some serious issues (beginnings of delamination),,,,,,Think the wife will believe that??

Sounds like a safety issue to me, if your wife loves you she'll encourage you to buy a new bow before this one blows up on you! LOL

I love my defcom 7. It's similar to my Elite in feel but FAST! It draws a little rougher but has the same back wall. When I switched to my Obsession I changed a lot of stuff (new style release, longer stabilizer, etc.) so I don't know if it's the bow or a combo but I'm shooting better than I ever did even out to 50+ yards. I really like the obsession and the color combos you can get make them look awesome. I went with Black/Kryptek Typhoon since I had a choice. First brand new bow I'd bought in a loooonnggg time.

Go shoot one, you'll probably end up bringing one home.

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
I have a DefCon 6 and I love it. Came from all hoyts too. Jonathon Brown of Boneyard Archery in GBoro is an expert on these bows and really tunes them correctly. If you want the elite shootability with turbo style speeds get any Obsession.

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
I'll Second what Ashy Larry just said, I have two Phoenixes, don't think a better bow has ever been made.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Whats your draw length? I have 2 here I'd let you shoot, and if you like one, take it home for a deal. You can't beat that. ;)

31",,,,,but I shoot down to 29" sometimes (bent arm technique dontcha know,,,,,long story),,,,,,,

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
Just got my DC6 restrung with hogwires by Jonathon Brown of Boneyard Archery in Summerfield. That dude is a magician on tuning. He will not stop until your bow is totally in spec, hitting IBo, and shooting perfect bullets. Strong recommendation for anybody needing bow work done.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Here's mine.
2e9c6c7e0bfc1b1761ecb4f256a9446e.jpg

bea2ce7ecce58c1d3bde2ec285688978.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Brownisdown is my brother. I was just having some fun. No harm intended gentlemen.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Lol... good deal. If you'd rather have an axel accutouch, I'll gladly sell you mine and I'll buy the new fast Eddie xl. :)