Oakland A's possible relocation to NC?

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
If the Oakland Athletics of the MLB can't get a new stadium they will move in 2024.

One possible location mentioned is Charlotte.

OntheHunt

Four Pointer
It would be awesome to have a MLB team in NC. I hate everything goes to Charlotte though, mainly because I'm 3 hours away.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The Mn Twins were mentioned about a possible move to Raleigh several years ago.

Is there a ballpark in NC that seats +- 25k fans? 🤷‍♂️

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I love baseball, but I don't love owners that hold taxpayers hostage over a new stadium every time it suits them.....George Shinn???

that was my thought also,,, not sure I want tax money (if it's using state money) used for a dang ball team BS,,,,,

but that's my ornery self,,,,

if it's all local money (city taxes) then up to those yahoos,,, I mean locals,,,,

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Charlotte just built a stadium for the knights several years back, and right now they are busy working on the soccer franchise. I doubt they are in the position to start up a MLB team in the next few years.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
I thought Vegas was getting the most attention for A’s relocation. Wouldn’t it require some league realignment if A’s relocated to the east.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I thought Vegas was getting the most attention for A’s relocation. Wouldn’t it require some league realignment if A’s relocated to the east.

Las Vegas and Montreal

Portland OR, Charlotte, Nashville TN

No mentions of Raleigh or Greensboro

Last edited: