Number two

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Here’s a delicate subject I haven’t seen on here before. I get dressed at home, including multiple layers, boots, safety harness and sidearm. Drive 35 minutes to the land with the goal of grabbing my rifle and heading for the stand. But then I have to take care of business first. So off comes everything, then redress. And it’s getting cold!

So what do y’all do to avoid this?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Don't dress for hunting until you get to where you're hunting, keep your hunting clothes in a bag and dress right before you walk into the woods, and then only minimally. Dress with the warm stuff once you get to your stand.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Not hunting much these days, but if I were I'd do things the same way I have for years. Wear street clothes from the house to wherever I am hunting, change into hunting gear at the clubhouse or at the tailgate, and wear as little as I can stand so I don't overheat and can come out of them quickly if the urge strikes.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Or wait for it, 15 or 20 feet up a tree with a climber and have to work that baby all the way back to the ground. :mad:

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Carry a pickle bucket and a trash bag....
What way when nature calls and you feel the need to make a sewer pickle......you can.

An old coffee can works great. It has an air tight lid. My wife thinks I'm crazy because I always save all the coffee cans but I've used them more times than I care to admit.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing like a long walk into the stand to work one up! Typically, since I hunt steep terrain and sometimes walk 1-2 miles in, I wear minimal clothing to keep from working up a sweat, keep extra layers in my pack. It's also less to take off when nature calls. I have hiked in wearing nothing but my base layer several times, then put on rest of my clothes when I get to my destination. You will definitely get some funny looks from others at the parking area when you take off through the woods in nothing but your long johns!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Being this thread turned to crap. I will leave you with this..

Guy at hunt club always uses coveralls.
Had to go bad one day. Flipping them off and back did his job. After clean up he flipped them back on.
Later someone said what heck is that smell. After looking to see if he sat in something, or stepped in it they found nothing but the smell.. after returning to hunt camp and unzipping the coveralls he found what it was. A few cling on's managed to fall inside his coveralls with all the movement his back was covered. He was sprayed off at the skinning shed and all cloths taken in trash bag to the pay washer.....

Just make sure you have nothing you don't want along for the ride after you are done....

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Being this thread turned to crap. I will leave you with this..

Guy at hunt club always uses coveralls.
Had to go bad one day. Flipping them off and back did his job. After clean up he flipped them back on.
Later someone said what heck is that smell. After looking to see if he sat in something, or stepped in it they found nothing but the smell.. after returning to hunt camp and unzipping the coveralls he found what it was. A few cling on's managed to fall inside his coveralls with all the movement his back was covered. He was sprayed off at the skinning shed and all cloths taken in trash bag to the pay washer.....

Just make sure you have nothing you don't want along for the ride after you are done....
People in my office are wondering why I am laughing so hard.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Many years ago was about to go to my stand and that urge hit me so I stepped off to the side of the truck, dropped my coveralls, suspenders, pants took a big one. Put everything back on and a lockon on my back, down thru the woods I go, got to my tree, up the steps I go, strapped the stand around tree and sat down. Real cold that day, dark as pitch. I sat there a while and kept smelling something. Took my flashlight looking for something on my feet....must have stepped in it. Well, the longer I sat the more intense the smell, so down that tree I went, got to the ground, dropped those coveralls, suspenders...there it was all over them suspenders, a real thick one and smeared all over my back. Got everything together and headed home...day over. Wife asked me "Must have not seen anything this morning"....told her "Oh yea....I saw plenty this morning." Sometime later told my brother and he liked to have died.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Its is not going to hold my rear up or hold what I got to give....
Plus I would need to hit that hole. Bet I would end up with crap on my shoes or pants.....

Your aim and confidence is a whole lot better than mine. Either that or you buy coffee in some really big containers. :)

My aim is not that good ... lol. I cheat. I have an old folding field toilet that uses trash bags underneath. I just put the bag in the coffee can when I'm finished.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
The trick to not pooping on your overalls is to squat down, then grab the suspenders & hold them in front of you while you do business.
With all the outdoor activities I do coupled with ulcerative colitis for 20 years, I’ve learned a thing or two about outdoor relief.

My current system is to keep a handkerchief in my pocket that will get sacrificed & digging a cat hole near a sapling to hold on to while in the squat position. Simple, yet effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: RBR

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The trick to not pooping on your overalls is to squat down, then grab the suspenders & hold them in front of you while you do business.
With all the outdoor activities I do coupled with ulcerative colitis for 20 years, I’ve learned a thing or two about outdoor relief.

My current system is to keep a handkerchief in my pocket that will get sacrificed & digging a cat hole near a sapling to hold on to while in the squat position. Simple, yet effective.

This thread is useless without pics.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I can’t say that I’ve ever had to drop a deuce in the woods, while deer hunting. But TP and wet wipes are standard equipment in my turkey vest(y)

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I can’t say that I’ve ever had to drop a deuce in the woods, while deer hunting. But TP and wet wipes are standard equipment in my turkey vest(y)

Only happened once but I can promise you I’ll never be without a roll again..... poor socks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk