November season

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I love november season. We really didnt have that good of weather and the hunting was pretty good throughout the season. Had some great hunts in our ponds and our marsh blinds. Was very happy overall and there seems to be plenty of birds around NC so hopefully they will stick around and eat and rest the next 3 weeks. Ended the season saturday with a limit of woodies and gadwall with 2 banded woodies!
How did everyone do?

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We need some dang rain! Beaver ponds are drying up and the muck is 2 ft deep to get out to the water that is there….. no ducks as of our last hunt…. Glad yours was better!

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
We had a pretty good split overall. Picked up a banded wood duck last Friday. Didnt even notice it at first. I sure wish we had that first week of the season now instead of earlier but it is what it is. Lots of divers coming thru the last couple weeks

Fatkid

Eight Pointer
Shot 3 limits of wood ducks over the season and got my pup off to a good start. Never saw anything else in my spots though, kinda weird. Made one trip east to open waters but didn’t see much of anything.

The swamps definitely need water. All my spots are at least 18” low. Maybe that’s why I didn’t see anything but wood ducks the whole split.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Lots of ducks in the coastal marshes, among other factors such as weather, wind etc, can be attributed to ( I believe) it being dry inland. Only water in alot of places are the sounds. We have had to pump alot to keep our water levels up.

Last edited:

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Been one heck of a season for us so far. Five straight Saturdays of double digit puddle ducks. Last two days has produced our first 3 blacks. I’m not giving up my horseshoe ….

Attachments

• 6D91C574-1DF0-457A-8DD7-E3CEFFEFE7C2.jpeg
    6D91C574-1DF0-457A-8DD7-E3CEFFEFE7C2.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 33
  • B6851DF6-D847-4F5C-9C41-396048ACC0DC.jpeg
    B6851DF6-D847-4F5C-9C41-396048ACC0DC.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 33

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Been one heck of a season for us so far. Five straight Saturdays of double digit puddle ducks. Last two days has produced our first 3 blacks. I’m not giving up my horseshoe ….
You getting them on open water or the birds getting into your ponds?

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Not a lot of kills but saw birds. Hunted new spots and gained a lot of info. Only really bad hunt was last Wednesday. We only saw 1 woodie. Ready for a couple of weeks rest before the last split.

TH80

Eight Pointer
Season wasn’t to bad in the swamps. Had one bad hunt where only saw a handful of ducks but other hunts saw a fair amount and killed a few limits of wood ducks. Definitely need rain to flood the swamp and hunting will be better. Haven’t been to the coast yet. Seems like every weekend I want to go the forecast is 2-3 foot waves and that’s not fun to me. I’ll make a few trips that way before season is over.

cootmayne

Button Buck
November was good for us in general. Going to lump in the 2 day october season at coast into it. Tons of green wings and some wigeon. Have not seen the large flocks of bluebills yet in area we hunt. It had slowed some this past week. In piedmont first week was slow but 2nd week divers pushed through and 3rd week was slower but decent.

Last edited:

Rexm0311

Spike
Best season I've had so far. Relatively new duck hunter but got lots of sightings, lots of shots and several kills.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
This year I saw more birds than I have during the November season in the few seasons I’ve been at it. Mostly teal, bufflehead, and of course woodies but there were definitely some decent numbers of big ducks around as well. Only thing I haven’t really seen show up in good numbers so far is redheads.

TomstoSwans486

Four Pointer
Hit or miss - some good and some bad. Shot two blacks which was great, and only one mallard (odd). Woodies were the usual. And a stud shoveler on the coast the last week on turkey day. Looks like we got some awfully warm weeks ago...hoping for some cold for new birds. Third split is my time on divers and looking forward to it!!