Nothing good happens after 8PM

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I know it used to be midnight but at my age, I'm never out at midnight. Anyway, we were on the way home from a dinner out, which is unusual for us. But for you folks in the far north Raleigh, Oxford, Creedmore general area, one of our own has taken over the Finche's Resturant in Creedmore so we paid him a visit. Good country style cooking with a twist and I am stuffed. Anyway, as I was heading around the Oxford "belt line" 96N an idiot decided to run the red light at 158 right in front of me. To make matters worse, he was turning left, in my direction. I had a green light well before the intersection but always look for oncoming traffic and saw it in plenty of time. Enough time to be able to time it to where I was right on his driver door when I laid on the horn in case he didn't know his light was RED and not yellow. Fortunately it had no ill effect no my meal so all was good. You folks in the area need to check Finche's out but they only serve supper on Thurs. and Fri. if I remember right. The guy at the table in front of me had a baby back ribs that looked enough for 4 folks, at least the way us old folks eat.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
First of all, Ribs that looked like enough for 4 folks?!?!?! You mean kids right?!?! Cause I WILL test that!!! Specially if it's one of our own!

2ndly, and even more importantly, since I lernt to drive, I have GUNNED it at the green light! In my 20's I had a car that wasn't slow out of the hole, and "surprised" some red light runners with the right hand 1 finger salute while I heard them screech their tires to stop. I swear back then, the INSTANT one lane turned red, the oncoming INSTANTLY turned green.

Now (25 years later)?!?!?!? I am TERRIFIED to hit the gas on the green light if I'm first at the light (I look both ways!). ! I don't know if it's my age, or the vehicle I'm driving, but at least 2wice in the last few years, I have witnessed when if I went on green (especially in a quicker vehicle) would have resulted in my Tbone accident from a red light runner. One early weekend morning I was at a redlight, waiting to turn right, my light turned green and "something" stopped me, so I paused. No less than 2 seconds later, someone decided to do about 70 in a 45 to "beat the light" and if I had pulled out, I'd have been dead. On top of that I now see a deliberate pause between red light one way, green the other.

I posted years ago how shocked I was when traffic was full, how many people intentionally RUN the red lights (they're not even INTO the intersection before the light is red). Now, an intersection like you described? 55 MPH? That's a fatality. There is not recovery from that kind of red light running at those speeds.

What is country style cooking with a twist? Extra Salt? No salt? Extra Vinegar? No vinegar? ;)

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I guess I was talking about the mashed potatos being a little different from trad, but man, they were good. Now don't get me wrong about the portion......... you've got to remember that I've said before, I can't eat like I used to. The wife and I are prone to splt an order of about anything most of the time just not to be so wasteful. But I swear, that man had a plate full of meat. I love chicken livers and I didn't eat all that were on the plate and it wasn't because they weren't good, even though some people seem to not like livers.