Not your typical poaching ring busted in Missouri

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Just a tad bit over the limit of squirrels..... they must of had a big hankering for some Brunswick stew ;)

got a feeling them folks were from the Mountains of Asia,,,,, one of two places there I expect,,,,

Lakeview Bear

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Really interesting there are no names or pictures. Could be they didn't release them. I could be sensitive but if Billy Bob so much as shoots a deer a minute after dark and gets caught his face is everywhere.

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
You could shoot 471 where i deer hunt and it wouldn't make a dent in them, when it get's dry and leaves have fallen in the Oak's i can't hear nothing!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
come on folks,,,, it's obvious you all don't follow basic TSM methods,,,,

I need to link you all up with a subscription to TSM Quarterly,,,,

"let them go, let them grow" (for another few weeks anyhow since 75% of squirrels don't make it past the first year),,,

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Biggest issue I have with this bust is I bet every one of them squirrels is now coyote food.

That particular culture would have eaten every single one of those squirrels. Nothing wasted.

This ain’t like whacking a trophy buck at night and cutting the head off and leaving the rest to rot. They was hunting for meat and they got it.

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
Used to have this dilemma duck hunting OOS until they upped possession to 3 times the daily. Used to eat a lot and even give some away to stay within legal.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
I've been looking around the interwebz & I can't find any pictures of the poachers themselves , just pictures of charred squirrels.

Doesn't the news media usually show pictures of poachers ?

Inquiring minds.........

Mike

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Them boys ain't playing. :oops: Someone should tell them how good coyotes, possums, coons and skunks are to eat. That would be a public service.
Trust me they will eat a coon and grinner in a skinny minute. I would suspect some groups of them will eat yotes but I haven't seen that first hand. I have seen the trunks of vehicles with plenty of coons and grinners though. Never seen them with a skunk.

Redman6

Four Pointer
got a feeling them folks were from the Mountains of Asia,,,,, one of two places there I expect,,,,
Looks like the way the Laotion folk I worked with used to eat em! Burn the hair, cook, eat whole bones and all. Them folk didn't waste anything.