Not happening tonight in Graham

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
County commissioners had one taken down here in Granville Co. yesterday, in the interest of public safety after a credible threat.
What is the public safety threat (serious)? That they get injured pulling it down?

cant we just leave them up until someone does something illegal and arrest them? That’s what used to happen.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
You know how it is these days. If someone gets hurt pulling a statue down then they wil probably sue the city'county'state because that entity knew that someone would eventually pull it down and they did nothing to stop it. And they would havve done nothing to stop it because if they did the culprets would sue for denying their constitutional rights to protest. Sad situation these days.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
It will be taken down in broad daylight with a crane and city workers doing it. The squeaky wheel knows how to work the system the silent majority has yet to speak up. Congratulations silent majority you are sitting on your hands ad watching your country crumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you evidently have not been in Alamance co lately. it will not be taken down under the present Sheriff and Mindset of the residents.
It maybe taken down one day but it will be one of the last to go.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns

"A statement from Alamance County said the primary reason for the monument to be moved was for the safety of the county's citizens in light of the threat of violence in addition to its symbolism, which many interpret as a nod to white supremacy."

The highlight portion of the quote is the issue I have with the whole debacle. Cowering in fear because of violence. Taming towns was not done through peaceful means but by hard men willing to combat threatening violent behavior with violence. Most that make threats can't stomach the violence when it's turned on.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

"A statement from Alamance County said the primary reason for the monument to be moved was for the safety of the county's citizens in light of the threat of violence in addition to its symbolism, which many interpret as a nod to white supremacy."

The highlight portion of the quote is the issue I have with the whole debacle. Cowering in fear because of violence. Taming towns was not done through peaceful means but by hard men willing to combat threatening violent behavior with violence. Most that make threats can't stomach the violence when it's turned on.
That's incredible isn't it? I wonder if the banks will start unlocking their vaults at night in light of the threat of violence, bars start leaving their doors open and taps on in light of the threat of violence, pharmacies leaving the oxy on the counters in light of the threats of violence, police officers staying in their cars shaking in fear in light of the threat of violence.....see how stupid that sounds? What a load of bovine excrement, the tax payers of that county should be so proud of their elected officials. Sounds like that county is ripe for the pickin..

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
The "government".... local, state, and federal.... will bow down to this crap until it steps on "their" toes. Nothing will be dealt with until a politician is murdered, a staff car of Pelosi's is trapped in traffic and destroyed, or the "movement" demands their own leader declared President.

Honest folks all across our nation have been assaulted, killed, businesses destroyed with no demand for action by politicians until a leftist Senator was assaulted in the street. Then, it became an issue.
Because one of THEM was the victim.

CarolinaReaper

Sounds like that county is ripe for the pickin..

My thoughts exactly Eric. We are so caught in fighting each other over nonsense that doesn't really matter that we are a prime target right now.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Lol, It may come down one day but it won't be w/o a fight. 50 leaders? lol. last time they tried to tear it down 5000 showed up and said NOT TODAY

and I dont know how that guy got elected as Burlington's Mayor but I will bet he will lose the next Election.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anson Counties POS Commissioners voted to remove statues at 8pm Monday by 4AM Tuesday they were gone. So much for " We came into the meeting totally unbias" I've texted or talk to everyone of them that voted yes and told them to use a contractor from another County just like they let people from Mecklenburg and Brunswick preach to them @ the meeting about how we felt about the statue. Be ready this :donk:donk:donk:donk is spreading faster than Covid-19

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This shouldn’t even be a concern and defacing historical monuments should be an arrestable offense on the spot.... too many? The governor (lol) needs to have the national guard in place to handle the thugs