Not happening tonight in Graham

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
flash back 3~ years ago so and few hundred people or so wanted to take down the Confederate Soldier in Graham. Est. 5000 showed up and said "Not today"

(also for those that dont know Pittsboro's statue now gone along with Graham's and Yanceyville's statues are pretty much in a line South to North and were set up facing north towards Northern Agression. )

Today I had to make my way from Cary to Burlington/Graham (my hometowns) and at around 6 ish I drive by the CourtHouse and all I will tell you is if they try to take it down tonight it will not be their night. Lots and lots of people flying flags hanging out etc. 4 wheel drives, bikers , regular people. Lots of Deputies standing guard. Sheriff Terry Johnson has said it is not coming down under his watch. It was a nice sight to see.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
flash back 3~ years ago so and few hundred people or so wanted to take down the Confederate Soldier in Graham. Est. 5000 showed up and said "Not today"

(also for those that dont know Pittsboro's statue now gone along with Graham's and Yanceyville's statues are pretty much in a line South to North and were set up facing north towards Northern Agression. )

Today I had to make my way from Cary to Burlington/Graham (my hometowns) and at around 6 ish I drive by the CourtHouse and all I will tell you is if they try to take it down tonight it will not be their night. Lots and lots of people flying flags hanging out etc. 4 wheel drives, bikers , regular people. Lots of Deputies standing guard. Sheriff Terry Johnson has said it is not coming down under his watch. It was a nice sight to see.

I'm disappointed I didn't get some kind of PM from any of my friends asking me to come up, safeguard, and maybe cook.

Sorry Mack, but it'll be taken down under the cover of darkness and when no one is looking, probably during a holiday weekend. They are ALL coming down sir.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I'm disappointed I didn't get some kind of PM from any of my friends asking me to come up, safeguard, and maybe cook.

Sorry Mack, but it'll be taken down under the cover of darkness and when no one is looking, probably during a holiday weekend. They are ALL coming down sir.
It may but not under the present mindset of the people in Alamance co and Sherriff. if it ever does come down it will be one of the last ones. The Sheriff has already said anyone trying to take it down will be shot.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Hey Mack give them Ol Roy's address and tell them to go whine to him. Oh I forgot the bus doesn't"t go that way and it's too far for them to walk.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
With Pooper in charge those statues that represent “white supremacy” will be coming down. He’s an ass and needs to go. We’ve lost all sense of history.

Reactions: jug

m704

Six Pointer
With all the craziness going on in America u have people bitching about what’s happening but come November they won’t take 5 minutes to vote there the ones that need a swift kick in the 🐴 try to make a change or STF up

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
May not have happen yet but since our genius govt is paying many more to stay home than go to work they got till at least July31 to find time tear them down.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
It may but not under the present mindset of the people in Alamance co and Sherriff. if it ever does come down it will be one of the last ones. The Sheriff has already said anyone trying to take it down will be shot.

Hope there is video and I get to see it. Wish all sheriff's would have the same backbone!!!

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like a 9 pm curfew has been put in place. Some guy named Hightower and another guy were arrested. Minor infractions...minor.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Maybe not tonight, maybe not tomorrow, but they will come down. It is impossible to police a determined mob, who are offended by pancake syrup and "cops" reruns. And good luck getting any help out of a government, that is only able to screw up our gas cans.

samuelrp

Eight Pointer
All this stuff going on without consequences and come labor day, every guy that forgot to put his plug back in his shotgun is going to get a ticket for being able to load more than three shells. Crazy times we live in.
Those game wardens are tough!

double

Twelve Pointer
It will be taken down in broad daylight with a crane and city workers doing it. The squeaky wheel knows how to work the system the silent majority has yet to speak up. Congratulations silent majority you are sitting on your hands ad watching your country crumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
Those game wardens are tough!

I’ve always found it interesting that game wardens deal with armed people all the time and you never hear about them fearing for their life or “just trying to make it home” they are also well versed in the laws that pertain to their job. I’m not bashing the police at all but the conduct I’ve experienced from both I would say the GWs are trained far better.

double

Twelve Pointer
I’ve always found it interesting that game wardens deal with armed people all the time and you never hear about them fearing for their life or “just trying to make it home” they are also well versed in the laws that pertain to their job. I’m not bashing the police at all but the conduct I’ve experienced from both I would say the GWs are trained far better.

If every officer went through the training game wardens and troopers go through we would have a lot less problems

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
It will be taken down in broad daylight with a crane and city workers doing it. The squeaky wheel knows how to work the system the silent majority has yet to speak up. Congratulations silent majority you are sitting on your hands ad watching your country crumble.

Happened in Wilmington last night under the cover of darkness due to publi safety concerns

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
County commissioners had one taken down here in Granville Co. yesterday, in the interest of public safety after a credible threat.

ncnat

Ten Pointer
Yes most of them are armed but 90% of the people that game wardens deal with are just like most members on this site., which is a far cry from what police officers deal with almost daily.