Nosler Accubond blood trails

rodell

Button Buck
Contributor
How do accubond wound channels compare to tsx, ttsx, and fusions? Any idea?

In my experience, they are about equal to the TSX, maybe a bit smaller than the TTSX. Barnes likes velocity, and at the upper end they really cause a lot of damage. I would equate a 150 Barnes to a 168 in the .30 cal, for example.

I have no Fusion experience.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How do accubond wound channels compare to tsx, ttsx, and fusions? Any idea?
I prefer the Accubond to the Barnes or the Fusion myself.

The TTSX is the closest to the Accubond, but still falls short IME.

All are better than the ELD-X from what I've seen.

whitty

Six Pointer
I prefer the Accubond to the Barnes or the Fusion myself.

The TTSX is the closest to the Accubond, but still falls short IME.

All are better than the ELD-X from what I've seen.
I’ve had good results with the ELD-X in my .308 what have you seen that made you not like it? I do shoot accubonds and like them also in some other calibers.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve had good results with the ELD-X in my .308 what have you seen that made you not like it? I do shoot accubonds and like them also in some other calibers.
I've never personally shot the ELD-X, but one of my hunting buddies uses them in a few different cartridges, the 6.5 CM, .270 Win, and the .30/06 Sprg.

So far out of the 15-18 deer he's shot with them, none have had an exit wound. Several have required follow up shots to finish them off despite good shot placement. I personally have finished off 3 shot in the lung(s) with his 6.5 CM and the 143 gr ELD-X. The placement was good, put had absolutely piss poor penetration and almost non-existent expansion.