Non expanding 9mm luger ammunition

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
paint them projectiles blue,, that's what the plastic training rounds should look like

my FMJs don't expand either,,,

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Yep.

Designed specifically as a personal defense cartridge, penetration is optimized within soft targets, eliminating concerns of overpenetration or collateral damage.

Norma apparently trying to get ahead of Uncle Joe's 9mm ammo ban....

For God's sake. Blow the lung OUT!

“J”

Twelve Pointer
Why would you want a non-expanding defensive round? It would be like using a non-expanding mechanical broad head…..

A softer, kindlier kill…..

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Why would you want a non-expanding defensive round? It would be like using a non-expanding mechanical broad head…..

A softer, kindlier kill…..

In many European countries you can't legally use or possess expanding ammunition for handguns and own or carry a handgun at the same time.

I assume it was designed for that market first.

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Italy just recently made it legal to own a handgun in 9mm luger caliber....................

For years you had to own something like 9 x21mm or 380 ACP if you wanted a 9mm caliber pistol

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Even Fiocchi makes a defensive non expanding bullet:

Last edited:

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
While there's always options, the kurz and the Italian 9 have been sufficiently killing folks for decades.

Just ignorance reflected in laws. Like the evil barrel shroud.....

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
While there's always options, the kurz and the Italian 9 have been sufficiently killing folks for decades.

Just ignorance reflected in laws. Like the evil barrel shroud.....

I think the Czech Republic went shall issue concealed carry for citizens with no criminal record despite the EU passing new gun controls for member states to adopt.

European gun controls:

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

Looks interesting. 65 grain bullet

I don’t get it.
Italy just recently made it legal to own a handgun in 9mm luger caliber....................

For years you had to own something like 9 x21mm or 380 ACP if you wanted a 9mm caliber pistol

I think that’s 9mm LUNGER

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer

Looks interesting. 65 grain bullet
Similar loads have been around for a minute. Ruger ARX and underwood/lehigh penetrators come to mind. Best I can tell, they get you the penetration desirable for animals, or heavily clothed/large people, but don't run the risk of clogging or stopping short, and still giving a large permanent wound cavity.

and the low grain weight lowers recoil like you wouldn't believe, I ran some 50gr civil defense through my M92 once, super fast cycling, but almost no recoil.

Reactions: CRC

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
9mm LUNGER
iu

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
ill stick with my iwi 9mm 124gr jhp +p di-cut for carry...seems to work....most of the paper targets I shoot don't get back up

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
Similar loads have been around for a minute. Ruger ARX and underwood/lehigh penetrators come to mind. Best I can tell, they get you the penetration desirable for animals, or heavily clothed/large people, but don't run the risk of clogging or stopping short, and still giving a large permanent wound cavity.

and the low grain weight lowers recoil like you wouldn't believe, I ran some 50gr civil defense through my M92 once, super fast cycling, but almost no recoil.
^^^^^^^ This
I have the ARX in all of my carry pistols. The weight is way less and recoil is like a 22lr.