No wake zones?

Gus

Six Pointer
I was fishing in the 1970 and 80's in places like Chowan River, Roanoke River, North River, Currituck Sound, etc., and back then good boating manners were exhibited by everyone. If you passed by someone fishing, then you slowed to a crawl, period.

In 1992 I started fishing Falls Lake, and back then it was not too bad. There were some bass boats, but nothing like today, and manners overall were still pretty good. But now they will zoom right by you at 40 to 50+ without a thought.

Last time at Falls Lake I went into a cove just after a mega bass boat had come out. There floating on top in the very middle was a nabs wrapper and Mountain Dew bottle. I recovered both. Not all bass boats operators are rude, but enough are that there is a definite pattern that would hard to deny.

Heck in Currituck back then you couldn't hardly get on plane the grass was so thick. If you didn't clamp a 'currituck basket' around your prop you were stopping ever 40yds to clear bales of grass off your prop. Weedless spoon with a pork rine trailer would catch bass all day long. Good times.

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
No Wake means No Wake. Nothing to do with speed. It isn't hard to see if you're throwing a wake or not. 6 inches isn't much but its still wake. On a 19 foot boat with a 200 Outboard I can go about 6-8 depending on wind and current MPH with no wake. Idle speed is 2.4-3.3 depending on wind.

No Wake zones are there in part because of speed concerns or navigation hazards, but also because your wake causes problems, be it to docks, shoreline, etc...

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep this deal with the wave boats running around about flipping other boats is BS.
Makes me sick seeing them act like that and making a sport and type of boater look bad.

What I do not understand is why when they want the waves do they hit the small coves around the docks and fisherman.
They they have the radio turned up so much you need ear plugs....