No Tresspassing signage - what and where?

todobien

Eight Pointer
Walked some fence lines for an uncle this weekend since he is in his 80s to check for storm damage. The last pasture I was going to check he didn't really seem to think I needed to but I figured I might as well. Ran across a few small things that were easy fixes but then got to a point and the fence disappeared. I'd not been on this property since I was a kid and very rarely used to walk to the area I was at but didn't remember a right hand turn but the fence was no longer running the direction I'd been traveling. After checking to see if it did turn I noticed several t posts in the direction I'd been traveling (fence was a mixture of posts and tree nailing. Someone/something had pushed up a post and pulled about 45 feet of wire up into the woods which left me scratching my head. Looked a little further down the fence and I see a trail of corn and a camera. A stand is located across a high tensile fence. The other interesting thing is this is where three properties come together and the owner of the property where the stand is located also raises cows (and has the nice high tensile fence) so I doubt he or anyone hunting his property would remove a fence. Makes me wonder if someone on the third property is utilizing two other folks properties. There is a gate in the high tensile wire in the 3 way corner which would make it accessible. The things folks do on other's land never cease to amaze me.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, with purple paint. However, NC has laws that prohibit someone riding a recreational vehicle on land of another without permission. I'm thinking that permission has to be written, been a while since I have read it.

§ 14-159.3. Trespass to land on motorized all-terrain vehicle. (a) No person shall operate any motorized all-terrain vehicle: (1) On any private property not owned by the operator, without the written consent of the owner; or (2) Within the banks of any stream or waterway, but excluding a sound or the Atlantic Ocean, the adjacent lands of which are not owned by the operator, without the consent of the owner or outside the restrictions imposed by the owner. (a1) A landowner who gives a person written consent to operate an all-terrain vehicle on the landowner's property owes the person the same duty of care that the landowner owes a trespasser. (b) A "motorized all-terrain vehicle", as used in this section, is a two or more wheeled vehicle designed for recreational off-road use. (c) A violation of this section shall be a Class 2 misdemeanor. (1997-456, s. 56.8; 1997-487, s. 1; 2014-103, s. 11(a); 2015-26, s. 2.1; 2017-102, s. 4.)