No till plots

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We till and plant. Buy the seed from the local feed and seed. Don't know what they used on it or what was used on the corn by others. I said I won't use it on my plots. Just don't like putting it in the ground. With all the cancer claims and all.

I would hope any sportsman would want to protect the environment and make it a better place. Unfortunately any form of farming is bad for the environment. It's kind of like drinking water from a plastic bottle. Even though we put it in the trash we are still destroying our environment.

If you till your land you are removing natural layers of rich compost and create erosion. Then you replace these mineral rich materials with fertilizer (chemicals). So we have a catch 22. You use fertilizer and I use round up. But through my method I use no fertilizer as I'm creating a natural nutrient rich compost. I do not disrupt the soil and create erosion.

So it' just a matter of personal choice. I do not judge those who do it old school. I just try to do it the way I feel has the least effect on the environment. A plus my method saves me a lot of money.

I would hope any sportsman would want to protect the environment and make it a better place. Unfortunately any form of farming is bad for the environment. It's kind of like drinking water from a plastic bottle. Even though we put it in the trash we are still destroying our environment.

If you till your land you are removing natural layers of rich compost and create erosion. Then you replace these mineral rich materials with fertilizer (chemicals). So we have a catch 22. You use fertilizer and I use round up. But through my method I use no fertilizer as I'm creating a natural nutrient rich compost. I do not disrupt the soil and create erosion.

So it' just a matter of personal choice. I do not judge those who do it old school. I just try to do it the way I feel has the least effect on the environment. A plus my method saves me a lot of money.
I hear what your saying. I just want people to be aware of the risk. And if they are gonna use it make sure to follow the instructions and not over do it. I appreciate the civil discussion. Some folks get all bent out of shape over these topics. Best of luck.