No till methods?UPDATES

Helium

Twelve Pointer
Finished Planting our 5 existing plots and 2 logging roads ... opened 2 new plots.

1 of which I showed cereal grains, clover, brassicas before I cultipacked the chest high weeds and sprayed 41% gly. Jeff Sturgis with Whitetail Habitat Soultions swears by it... we will see. (pic 1 after cultipacked and sprayed)

The other new plot is a woods plot I was able to disc up pretty well with the atv (pic 2)

Even Had some help lightly discing and overseeding my honeyhole that’s produced well the last few years (pic 3)

Attachments

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I been using this method for years. Works great. Heavily weeded chest high might cause some problems.

If I got a field like that I normally hit 2-3 times with gly starting in spring up to planting.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Keep it updated so we can see the results of the no till method.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Ramblin Man

Four Pointer
Gly followed by Gramoxone for residual broadleaf weeds and grasses immediately before planting can also be effective.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
This Is a picture of no till brassica lanes I did in a field. I like lanes so deer use more in daylight.
Thats a great looking spot. We used to do something similar in a field the farmer didnt plant and it worked well.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Helium

Twelve Pointer
Besides morning dew and a brief shower in the last 3 weeks.. food plots are struggling. Some non existent and turkeys have found the seed.

However, considering the 1st time of no plow with 6’ weeds etc... and little to no rain I do have some success

This is the plot I started the posts about
E6C37CA2-C050-48A4-A6DB-CACDD6F6BA59.jpeg

Helium

Twelve Pointer
Another road bed that was planted 5 weeks ago 129BBF63-695F-40CF-B145-7ECFDC383696.jpegand got rain on it shortly afterwards before we hit this dry spell

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Besides morning dew and a brief shower in the last 3 weeks.. food plots are struggling. Some non existent and turkeys have found the seed.

However, considering the 1st time of no plow with 6’ weeds etc... and little to no rain I do have some success

This is the plot I started the posts about
View attachment 33388
I have not planted any yet. All my seeds sitting in barn waiting on rain. I will plant first week of Oct. with or without rain.

Just a suggestion. If I were you I would overseed these plots again right before the next rain in rye grain. It will give fresh tender grass. This is a method I use for plots that are struggling or just didn't do well.