NO SPOILERS!!!! What do you "hope" happens in the last season of GOT?

Are you going to watch the GOT finale?

• Yes, I will watch it live

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Yes, but I will watch it later

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No, I have watched some of the show but have no interest in the finale

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, I have never seen the show, I won't watch the finale

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kahunter

Eight Pointer
This season has been terrible. Man the episodes look great and what is in them in directed well, but the writing is just horrendous. They have just taken everything that has built, or developed over 7 seasons and just threw it out the window for shock value.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Last night was a huge downfall. I guess they are really setting up the finale. Last few episodes just seem so full of filler.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
how so? i felt it was very true to what the previous seasons had built up to.
Warning spoilers below

Here is why that episode was bad
Jamie's character ark thrown out the window
Dany all of a sudden murders tons of Innocent people for some reason.
The golden company was a big nothing burger
the battle was a big nothing burger. it was a massacre not a a battle..
jon snow stares at stuff and doesnt do anything
varys is dead for some reason. I guess he betrayed her sort of
Tyrion is a dumby who doesnt use logic anymore to make decisions
Why did eruon fight jamie?? what a dumb "twist"
I dont need to see 30 minutes of the dragon burning KL
Arya was lame

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
If the ending happens like the leaks say it will....there are going to be a bunch of pissed off people.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I thought it was a brilliant episode. Dany has been going mad since season 1. Varys was killed because he was committing treason. He was also correct.

Clegane Bowl did not disappoint! Loved the death by fire.

chef

Ten Pointer
Warning spoilers below

Here is why that episode was bad
Jamie's character ark thrown out the window
Dany all of a sudden murders tons of Innocent people for some reason.
The golden company was a big nothing burger
the battle was a big nothing burger. it was a massacre not a a battle..
jon snow stares at stuff and doesnt do anything
varys is dead for some reason. I guess he betrayed her sort of
Tyrion is a dumby who doesnt use logic anymore to make decisions
Why did eruon fight jamie?? what a dumb "twist"
I dont need to see 30 minutes of the dragon burning KL
Arya was lame

Spoilers for those who haven't seen this week's show

i disagree on almost all points

1. some character's arc's are to remain the same. they explore the possibilities of maturation or change only to settle back towards the beginning. jamie could not separate himself from his twin, as much as he would have been happier doing it, he just couldn't. kind of like an alcoholic who just can't quit drinking.

2. dany was absolutely true to the character she has been the entire time. she had to constantly be talked out of massacring innocent people all the time. yes she has a soft spot for "slaves and oppressed people" but only those who would fall in line to her side. she was always this way and when she realized that she was not "loved" in the 7 kingdoms she resorted to the fear aspect. the bell scene was very good in that she had a chance (with no one in her ear influencing her) to decide who she is, she chose to be the ruthless but (in her mind eventually) benevolent ruler.

3+4. it didn't have to be. it was always going to be a massacre. more on this in a few points.

5. he is absolutely horrified by the massacre and evil. he is trying to process how wrong he got it.

6. varys has always played the littlefinger dangerous game of manipulation. he got caught. it was bound to happen.

7. i have been fairly disappointed with how he went from the runner up chess player to his dad to always seeming to be wrong.

8. sure. but i am not hung up on it. it was probably completely unnecessary. could have had euron get toasted on the ship or somehow making it back to yara to be dealt with. and had jamie still make it back to cerci for their scene.

9. this goes with 3+4. we all did. in a way we are all guilty of the same impulses of dany. we cheer when the "bad people" get toasted, tortured or massacred, it's only when people we deem "undeserving or innocent" that we say that's too much. i could go on but it would seem preachy. this is the theme and why i think it is important.

10. arya was great. basically she decided not to go the route of the hound. revenge is a zero sum game. i feel it was symbolized by the hound's fools errand of trying to kill an unkillable already dead enemy.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Spoilers for those who haven't seen this week's show

i disagree on almost all points

1. some character's arc's are to remain the same. they explore the possibilities of maturation or change only to settle back towards the beginning. jamie could not separate himself from his twin, as much as he would have been happier doing it, he just couldn't. kind of like an alcoholic who just can't quit drinking.

2. dany was absolutely true to the character she has been the entire time. she had to constantly be talked out of massacring innocent people all the time. yes she has a soft spot for "slaves and oppressed people" but only those who would fall in line to her side. she was always this way and when she realized that she was not "loved" in the 7 kingdoms she resorted to the fear aspect. the bell scene was very good in that she had a chance (with no one in her ear influencing her) to decide who she is, she chose to be the ruthless but (in her mind eventually) benevolent ruler.

3+4. it didn't have to be. it was always going to be a massacre. more on this in a few points.

5. he is absolutely horrified by the massacre and evil. he is trying to process how wrong he got it.

6. varys has always played the littlefinger dangerous game of manipulation. he got caught. it was bound to happen.

7. i have been fairly disappointed with how he went from the runner up chess player to his dad to always seeming to be wrong.

8. sure. but i am not hung up on it. it was probably completely unnecessary. could have had euron get toasted on the ship or somehow making it back to yara to be dealt with. and had jamie still make it back to cerci for their scene.

9. this goes with 3+4. we all did. in a way we are all guilty of the same impulses of dany. we cheer when the "bad people" get toasted, tortured or massacred, it's only when people we deem "undeserving or innocent" that we say that's too much. i could go on but it would seem preachy. this is the theme and why i think it is important.

10. arya was great. basically she decided not to go the route of the hound. revenge is a zero sum game. i feel it was symbolized by the hound's fools errand of trying to kill an unkillable already dead enemy.
I am disappointed in that they took the easy way out it many ways it seems. I think i am just frustrated. It seems like they took the easy way out so they can get everything in. When game of thrones started it was a masterpiece where you never knew what would happen and it was like a game of chess. Looking 5 moves ahead and when the moves where made you can look back and it made so much sense. Now its like 2 monkeys playing checkers. Looks great and is interesting to a degree, but its all over the place and without guidance and isnt gonna end up well.

I still think Dany was a serious jump. KL had surrendered and she still murdered everyone?? Thats a stretch if you ask me. I would have been ok if she wasattacking the city and burning it to the ground as they fought back and resisted. To me its like Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the sith. He went from a little mad at the Jedis and trying to turn palpatine in to darth vader and killing kids in a blink of an eye. Poor execution to get to the ultimate goal

chef

Ten Pointer
I am disappointed in that they took the easy way out it many ways it seems. I think i am just frustrated. It seems like they took the easy way out so they can get everything in. When game of thrones started it was a masterpiece where you never knew what would happen and it was like a game of chess. Looking 5 moves ahead and when the moves where made you can look back and it made so much sense. Now its like 2 monkeys playing checkers. Looks great and is interesting to a degree, but its all over the place and without guidance and isnt gonna end up well.

I still think Dany was a serious jump. KL had surrendered and she still murdered everyone?? Thats a stretch if you ask me. I would have been ok if she wasattacking the city and burning it to the ground as they fought back and resisted. To me its like Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the sith. He went from a little mad at the Jedis and trying to turn palpatine in to darth vader and killing kids in a blink of an eye. Poor execution to get to the ultimate goal

fair enough.

i do agree that (as i said in a previous post) that the writing/narrative direction is very much sub par since the books ended.

if the show as an a+ the first 6 seasons, it is more like a b now.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Mind blown... Varys tried to poison Dany too.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

that makes sense, little need for his scheming self if kings landiing is gone.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

well are we sure he wasn't successful? maybe it's a slow acting poison?

chef

Ten Pointer
well are we sure he wasn't successful? maybe it's a slow acting poison?
Yes, given the treason had already happened and he was caught, it seems unnecessary that the plot device was used if it isn't coming back for seconds. Dany looked like a hot mess in the scene with Tyrion, we assume it is grief. Perhaps it is also sickness.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Yes, given the treason had already happened and he was caught, it seems unnecessary that the plot device was used if it isn't coming back for seconds. Dany looked like a hot mess in the scene with Tyrion, we assume it is grief. Perhaps it is also sickness.

Sadly I have no faith in the writers to connect plot points like that. It would make sense, though.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Gonna see how it ends but not staying up sunday night to watch the finale. I'll save it and watch later in the week. My guess is Dany is killed by Jon, who then takes the black again. Tyrion prob will die bc of his treason. Im sure they will throw a curve ball and someone we would never expect becomes king. GOT ends in a wimper. Shame.

manybeards

Ten Pointer
Don't be a jerk! If you've read the books, or get online to find out spoiler alerts DON'T post them here please. It's really simple, you choose to be an ::donk or you choose not to. Consider this a "Santa Clause" type thread. people who have only watched until this point.

Anyways, I predict/hope the mountain/hound fight will happen. I hope Cerci wins/keeps the crown, she's earned it. I hope John Stark hooks up with that hot blonde chic, but doesn't hold her in her arms as she passes as he did a last love.

What do y'all HOPE will happen, without further knowledge? I don't even watch trailers, I go in fresh. Heck I probably won't even read this thread again until the rut lol.
Big Bang Theory had more viewers than GOT Sunday night....

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Out of curiosity, @NCST8GUY , what is your opinion of Bran?

SO here's some insight. My MRS HATES me when I watch the show (which is almost never live), because I tend to FFWD through a few things. Over the years, one of them has been Bran. So I often have to call her downstairs and ask what is going on when I'm watching it if it involves Bran. I don't like the whole 3 eyed whatever thing he's a part of. Too supernatural for me.

The parts of the show I like are the camaraderie, the unlikely team ups, the back stabbing, the dark revenges, excellent fight scenes (battle of the bastids), and being in suspense. Season 8 is pretty much lacking in most of those things imho.

I found one video I like.

DO NOT WATCH if you're not current!!!! Otherwise, CRANK it!!! This is the song we were announced to when we got married so long ago.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Also not surprised to see BBT beat GOT last week. Big Bang Theory was a 12 year EXTREMELY succussful seasons that even someone like myself has watched most of. It's this generations Cheer's. Those are rarities. GOT will be generational as well, but won't be as personal to it's base as a great comedy series, imho.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Bahahahaha....this is so bad....

Samwell Tarly: When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another......

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Bahahahaha....this is so bad....

Twitter is trending with people hating on the finale. Most of the fans I know went into this episode with just wanting it to be over at this point.

But, hey!, good news! The same writers helming the next generation of Star Wars - nothing can go wrong, right? Right?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Twitter is trending with people hating on the finale. Most of the fans I know went into this episode with just wanting it to be over at this point.

But, hey!, good news! The same writers helming the next generation of Star Wars - nothing can go wrong, right? Right?

I gave up on the Star Wars franchise after they had Greedo shoot first and gave us Jar Jar Binks. And the star wars fans are rather insufferable, so it will be fun watching their reactions. :)