NO SPOILERS!!!! What do you "hope" happens in the last season of GOT?

Are you going to watch the GOT finale?

• Yes, I will watch it live

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Yes, but I will watch it later

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No, I have watched some of the show but have no interest in the finale

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, I have never seen the show, I won't watch the finale

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The way the fight should end between night king/ walkers and Snow's army. During the battle, Jon Snow and Night King are fighting and the NK is getting the best of Snow and has him down and about to kill Jon Snow. All of a sudden the NK is stab from behind and shatters along with all the other walkers. Jon Snow looks up to see 1 Walker standing there. The Walker's hand goes up to his chin and pulls off his face and it's Arya and she reaches down to help Jon up.

She would have to have one of their faces.. I suspect she may be the one to kill him but we have been a couple of episodes now with no major character dying.. so I expect a lot of that soon.

Last night may have been the worst episode of the series in my opinion. This season has been nothing compared to the others.

I used to love watching the after-episode commentary. It was great insight into the characters minds and motivations and how it might affect the greater plot. Since the end of season 6 though the commentary is pointless, they just talk about how they were able to work things in the budget and play fan service for the ways they take the story.

GRRM letting the show surpass the books pretty much killed the intricacies of the political, magical web that made the GOT world so intriguing.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I despised Arya killing the night king. That’s was Jons job.

So now cerci comes north and beheads them all?

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hated the episode. 7+ years of build up for the NK only to be pointless and killed off in one episode. Liked how he was taken out, but I had thought there would be more story to it than what was given.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I'm happy GoT is breaking new ground and not recycling the typical Hollywood stories. Walking dead is a fresh idea and killing the leader to kill the followers has never been done before.

chef

Ten Pointer
Hated the episode. 7+ years of build up for the NK only to be pointless and killed off in one episode. Liked how he was taken out, but I had thought there would be more story to it than what was given.

definitely feel you. this season has felt very rushed in "getting across the finish line". i feel like the battle should have been a 1 night deal. the night king army of the dead is an unstoppable force that only multiplies the more you succeed in killing them. this was never going to be an actual fight.

i feel like they should have broke it into two episodes flashing narratively between the battle and sewing up backstory in the fantasy stuff. things like what is the deal with milsandre, what is the actual purpose of the night king ie what is his endgame, what was the point of bran warging, etc.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
From his ancient origins to his ominous motive, here’s what we know so far about the Night King.

He’s after Bran.
Bran Stark, the Three-Eyed Raven, revealed that he’s the Night King’s target in Season 8, Episode 2. "He’ll come for me," he says. "He’s tried before, many times with many Three-Eyed Ravens." Thus, Stark volunteers to lure his enemy into the godswood of Winterfell to be captured.

The Night King will be able to find Bran because he left a mark on him during one of his visions (Season 6, Episode 5). He grabbed Stark by the arm, leaving a scar on his skin. “He always knows where I am,” Bran says of the scar.

Before Season 8 premiered, Furdik also teased that his character was after a specific person. "People will see he has a target he wants to kill, and you will find out who that is," the actor told Entertainment Weekly of his character's upcoming storyline.

He wants to erase “memory” and he wants revenge.
Once the Night King gets to Bran/the Three-Eyed Raven, what will he do with him? The White Walker leader wants “an endless night,” Bran explains to his comrades in Winterfell. “He wants to erase this world and I am its memory.” As a refresher, the Three-Eyed Raven has the ability of greensight, which means he can see events in the past, present, and future anywhere in the world.

Samwell Tarly interprets the erasure of memory, or “being forgotten,” as the embodiment of death itself. "If we forget where we’ve been and what we’ve done, we’re not men anymore, just animals,” he tells Bran and his crew at Winterfell.

Furdik also told Entertainment Weekly of his character, "I think he wants revenge. Everybody in this story has two sides—a bad side and a good side. The Night King only has one side, a bad side."

He was created by the Children of the Forest.
The Children of the Forest, a race of mythical creatures who were the first inhabitants of Westeros, originally created the White Walkers to defend themselves against the First Men. In one of Bran’s visions, we see a group of the Children creating a White Walker (presumably the Night King) by tying a man to a tree and plunging dragonglass into his chest until he began to transform.

No one knows who he was before becoming the Night King.
"Somebody made him the Night King," Furdik told Entertainment Weekly. "Nobody knows who he was before—a soldier or part of [nobility]. He never wanted to be the Night King." t

That probably explains why the Children tied him to a tree when they first created him; it’s not like he volunteered to become a White Walker.

chef

Ten Pointer
From his ancient origins to his ominous motive, here’s what we know so far about the Night King.

He’s after Bran.
Bran Stark, the Three-Eyed Raven, revealed that he’s the Night King’s target in Season 8, Episode 2. "He’ll come for me," he says. "He’s tried before, many times with many Three-Eyed Ravens." Thus, Stark volunteers to lure his enemy into the godswood of Winterfell to be captured.

The Night King will be able to find Bran because he left a mark on him during one of his visions (Season 6, Episode 5). He grabbed Stark by the arm, leaving a scar on his skin. “He always knows where I am,” Bran says of the scar.

Before Season 8 premiered, Furdik also teased that his character was after a specific person. "People will see he has a target he wants to kill, and you will find out who that is," the actor told Entertainment Weekly of his character's upcoming storyline.

He wants to erase “memory” and he wants revenge.
Once the Night King gets to Bran/the Three-Eyed Raven, what will he do with him? The White Walker leader wants “an endless night,” Bran explains to his comrades in Winterfell. “He wants to erase this world and I am its memory.” As a refresher, the Three-Eyed Raven has the ability of greensight, which means he can see events in the past, present, and future anywhere in the world.

Samwell Tarly interprets the erasure of memory, or “being forgotten,” as the embodiment of death itself. "If we forget where we’ve been and what we’ve done, we’re not men anymore, just animals,” he tells Bran and his crew at Winterfell.

Furdik also told Entertainment Weekly of his character, "I think he wants revenge. Everybody in this story has two sides—a bad side and a good side. The Night King only has one side, a bad side."

He was created by the Children of the Forest.
The Children of the Forest, a race of mythical creatures who were the first inhabitants of Westeros, originally created the White Walkers to defend themselves against the First Men. In one of Bran’s visions, we see a group of the Children creating a White Walker (presumably the Night King) by tying a man to a tree and plunging dragonglass into his chest until he began to transform.

No one knows who he was before becoming the Night King.
"Somebody made him the Night King," Furdik told Entertainment Weekly. "Nobody knows who he was before—a soldier or part of [nobility]. He never wanted to be the Night King." t

That probably explains why the Children tied him to a tree when they first created him; it’s not like he volunteered to become a White Walker.

right, i mean i remember all of that but it seems like the central story arc behind the most deadly enemy and 2nd biggest antagonist of the story was buried in tidbits and rushed along (especially the last 6 episodes or so). if you polled 100 people in that battle last night, how many of the participants would have any idea who they were fighting and why? it is almost like a side plot, except it isn't.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Man I really didnt like how they handled the night king/army and a few things in between. I will say it looked good and was a good battle, but like SO MANY movies and shows nowadays it was such a let down, seeming to mostly use action to cover up everything else. I am not really mad Arya killed him or the way she did and was a bit shocked, but I would have loved to get more story out of the night king. over 7 seasons and only 1 battle/episode and the whole threat is gone?? BS. serious BS. I thought for sure it would be a loss for everyone at winterfell, some escape and head south and the NK plot line would intertwine with KL and the fight for the iron throne. It seems like that threat i completely gone from the show now and we are gonna be just concentrating on the iron throne. I guess I though the Iron throne would become a second thought with the threat from the NK and white walkers in the end. Im gonna keep watching but they really need some serious stuff to happen.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
right, i mean i remember all of that but it seems like the central story arc behind the most deadly enemy and 2nd biggest antagonist of the story was buried in tidbits and rushed along (especially the last 6 episodes or so). if you polled 100 people in that battle last night, how many of the participants would have any idea who they were fighting and why? it is almost like a side plot, except it isn't.
I think if you had polled them they would be like the civil war historian who declared that the southerners were fighting the damn Yankees becaue "They are down here" :)
the battle was for the entireity of humanity last night not little bran.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Also how do the main characters always seem to be surrounded, then magically are ok?? Like in serious trouble and should die and then they just are ok without and issue. No one died who I didnt expect to die and all the "main" characters lived

chef

Ten Pointer
i also think alot of people will be let down because GOT has a reputation for "anybody can die at anytime, especially main characters". i have another way of looking at that though. the people that have died are all ancillary characters which is why they have died. GRRM had the story arc in his head the whole time so when it appears ned or joffery or rob are all central characters they are in fact just tools used to push the actual central characters (those who are left) to the end.

so it doesn't make a ton of sense to expect everyone except 1 or 2 to make it as it would be a fairly disappointing story in terms of storytelling. with that said, i still think more than a few will die but it will be because their story arc is satisfied not just because.

but yes, i do agree that the battle scenes in these types of wars do get overplayed when everyone is clearly overrun but somehow the only survivors are the 8 people we actually care about. more careful shooting would help where they aren't so overrun to the point of impossible odds of survival.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Also how do the main characters always seem to be surrounded, then magically are ok?? Like in serious trouble and should die and then they just are ok without and issue. No one died who I didnt expect to die and all the "main" characters lived
just give it time. :)

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would put Jorah and Theon as main characters.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have watched zero episodes and didnt really have any interest in the show prior to this season. So my completely uninformed opinion on who kills who is....

Gregor Clegane kills Arya who tries to save Sandor (The Hound) when he starts losing to his brother. I think she will try the 'drop the dagger' trick one too many times and it doesn't work this time. Sandor, uses the opportunity presented by Arya's death to kill Gregor.

Jaime ends up killing Cersei. Though I suppose its possible Tyrion could...but I think Tyrion is going to 'turn Lannister' on Jon and need to be put down.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I would put Jorah and Theon as main characters.
Sort of. They werent an important part of the story anymore. I thought someone would have died that really made an impact. I am coming around a little to that episode. I guess I thought the NK would be an issue throughout the end of the story not just gone in an instance. Looking forward to what happens next.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Man I really didnt like how they handled the night king/army and a few things in between. I will say it looked good and was a good battle, but like SO MANY movies and shows nowadays it was such a let down, seeming to mostly use action to cover up everything else. I am not really mad Arya killed him or the way she did and was a bit shocked, but I would have loved to get more story out of the night king. over 7 seasons and only 1 battle/episode and the whole threat is gone?? BS. serious BS. I thought for sure it would be a loss for everyone at winterfell, some escape and head south and the NK plot line would intertwine with KL and the fight for the iron throne. It seems like that threat i completely gone from the show now and we are gonna be just concentrating on the iron throne. I guess I though the Iron throne would become a second thought with the threat from the NK and white walkers in the end. Im gonna keep watching but they really need some serious stuff to happen.
there was also the battle at Hardhome.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Personally, I am glad they ended the Night King and his army of white walkers in one fell swoop like they did, with a few episodes to spare. For my likes, I found it frustrating that they were virtually unkillable throughout the series.....until last week's episode. With that huge variable out of the way, the remaining episodes can be left to sort out the more relevant and meaningful stuff.....like who is going to rule what in the end....and how they'll go about getting there. The final episodes will deal more with politics, blood, loyalty, deception, etc....you know, "normal" human world-relations factors.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I heard a good quote from a reviewer that summed up why I think I am still a bit frustrated with the way The NK/ white walkers went out and how this show probably will end

" They killed off satan and now they want us to care about who's elected president"

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The Knight King was a good guy

• Created thousands of jobs
  • Isn't racist
  • Adopts unwanted babies
  • Owns badass horses
  • Tears down the wall which separates continent and unites all of Westeros.