No points taken for Kyle....

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I have way less issue with language than the woman that had jump out the way when he barreled through them cones that shoulda got him docked a few but they wanna keep him in hunt good for ratings

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
My issue with the language is it was INTENTIONAL! Not like the hot mic a couple of weeks ago where they were way behind him and didn't have a camera in his face. This time he KNEW he was on TV, KNEW he was going to curse, and didn't care.

Daytime races I often watch with my nieces (all<7), and since they love candy, they love the M&M's car. I am SO GLAD I don't have to explain to them the language that he used.

Thank goodness he didn't run over someone on live TV.

No way he should not have lost points, or worse. The penalty/ramifications should have trickled all the way up to the owner and his sponsors.

$50K ain't cheap to anybody. I'd say it's more like $50 to most of us, $500 to some of us.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If he hit someone running over the cones they should have nailed him to the wall.
He is one of the reasons I do not watch it anymore.
Most the news outlets keep replaying it. Can not believe JGR is just going to let him act like that.
It reflects poor on him.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'm not bragging here, just trying to explain how this could have happened correctly. In the past I was the race director for the Ferrari Challenge. That basically meant I was all powerful as far as the drivers and crew went. The race director has, at his discretion, a number of options in handling infractions both on and off the track. There were a number of times that, because of a driver's on-track actions, I placed the on a one or two race probation. Meaning, if they had another incident, they would not participate in the number of races that I designated. I also had the power to suspend a driver's participation for any violations, if serious enough. I am almost certain that NASCAR has the same capabilities with the series participants because I was operating under the auspecis of NASCAR. If they can suspend a driver for a year for something he says and require him to jump through all kinds of hoops as they did in Larson's case, they can do the same whenever they so choose. Obviously they have thier own agenda.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm not bragging here, just trying to explain how this could have happened correctly. In the past I was the race director for the Ferrari Challenge. That basically meant I was all powerful as far as the drivers and crew went. The race director has, at his discretion, a number of options in handling infractions both on and off the track. There were a number of times that, because of a driver's on-track actions, I placed the on a one or two race probation. Meaning, if they had another incident, they would not participate in the number of races that I designated. I also had the power to suspend a driver's participation for any violations, if serious enough. I am almost certain that NASCAR has the same capabilities with the series participants because I was operating under the auspecis of NASCAR. If they can suspend a driver for a year for something he says and require him to jump through all kinds of hoops as they did in Larson's case, they can do the same whenever they so choose. Obviously they have thier own agenda.
they need TV ratings and they hope this will help. Simple as that.

Some might not think it, but Nascar needs The KB brothers. I watched the Kyle Larson interview and if they're betting on him, it's only because of his driving skills. That was the least emotional interview from a driver that I've seen in a long time.

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
If he hit someone running over the cones they should have nailed him to the wall.
He is one of the reasons I do not watch it anymore.
Most the news outlets keep replaying it. Can not believe JGR is just going to let him act like that.
It reflects poor on him.
They used to not let half the people in the pits as they do now. No place for people just wondering around. That crap has been going on for years now it’s just like politics the media shows what they want too.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
From my simple observation, the fans are getting back into some stands. Daytona seemed loaded. Darlington also. Richmond right now looks at least 70%, during driver introductions.

If they EVER pull in the interest from African Americans (which I believe is their goal), Stands will again be full.

But for now the TV contract is their cash cow.

What I don't understand is the non existent change in leadership.

If Brian France hadn't been caught, he and Shelton would still be in charge of a failing company. Publicly traded companies would have fired them both by 2003.

Kyle Busch draws cheer and boo's, which is needed, but Nascar needs to "spank that ass" Lex Grossman style.