no one hunt up in the nw ?

bb1970

Six Pointer
Hadn't seen any post here in awhile about hunting in the nw part .........wheres everone at ? not hunting this week ?

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I hunted wednesday, thursday and tried go this morning in Wilkes. I was soaked by 0745 this morning so I gave up. Action was slow for me. No deer sightings, only a handful of squirrels and some turkeys. Heard 0 shots. Next week should be great, though.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Oh I hunt the NW....with a bow. Looks to be a bit windy tomorrow but I hope a big 'un hits the dirt by 7:30 ?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
We gonna be riding the bull at 5000’ in the morning.
Fresh snow and hard rut has me itching.

Only have 2 buck tags left to fill my dance card this season.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Been once nothing but squirrels was off today but rainy didn't go got some stuff to do tom. And Mon and tues looks like wash out I'm off wed so think that will be the day it and thur am ill be in woods

Buckhunter1980

Button Buck
Hunting in Ashe very little sign of rut seen a spike chasing and a four pointer cruising this week hope things start to pick up

adkarcher

Six Pointer
Nothing yesterday afternoon, saw 4 last Sunday morn. Out again this afternoon with my 11 year old, thus the later start...Wilkes Co.

NCMTNSHunter

Button Buck
Watauga county very slow right now and got out of the stand a half hour ago. Very windy and wind chill is around 19. Seen one yearling spike just casually walking around but maybe once the winds calm down they may get stirring. Rut sign little to none around my area but maybe tomorrow will get them moving around more. Definitely feels like Adirondack rut weather compared to NC muzzleloader weather.

muzzymomentless

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Up in watauga county. Doe under my stand when I got here about 3. Them as Spike came through awhile ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

adkarcher

Six Pointer
Watauga county very slow right now and got out of the stand a half hour ago. Very windy and wind chill is around 19. Seen one yearling spike just casually walking around but maybe once the winds calm down they may get stirring. Rut sign little to none around my area but maybe tomorrow will get them moving around more. Definitely feels like Adirondack rut weather compared to NC muzzleloader weather.

Did you hunt the 'Dacks? I would be hunting on snow todsy if I still lived in NY.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Hunted this morning till 10;30, wilkes surry line. Not much moving ,one moved by the stand about 30 mins. before LST . I did see a couple scrapes ,first ones all season. Hope it picks up with the cooler weather . Good luck all...

NC 270

Eight Pointer
Is 13 degrees with a heavy frost here in Ashe right now. Been seeing a few spikes and small 4 pointers. I haven't saw any bucks chasing does yet but it's got to be getting close now.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Yall get out of the woods too early this time of year.

We hunted all day yesterday in Watauga. Didn’t see a thing till 11.

Saw 20 between 11 and 1. Bucks, does, all over the mountain.

Buddy killed 2 does and let the small bucks pass.

Then nothing else moved after 2pm to dark.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Is 13 degrees with a heavy frost here in Ashe right now. Been seeing a few spikes and small 4 pointers. I haven't saw any bucks chasing does yet but it's got to be getting close now.
Ain’t here yet. Next cycle for the does will be Friday-Sunday of thanksgiving for the NW season counties.

NC 270

Eight Pointer
Update, just saw a nice 8 chasing a doe around a few minutes ago. Heard from a friend today that his brother got a decent buck this afternoon chasing a doe.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Off today and tomorrow add in Fri and thats 3 vacation days burned to watch it rain is what is get some rest got wed. But I bet money wind will be crazy in mtns after this rain

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Yall get out of the woods too early this time of year.

We hunted all day yesterday in Watauga. Didn’t see a thing till 11.

Saw 20 between 11 and 1. Bucks, does, all over the mountain.

Buddy killed 2 does and let the small bucks pass.

Then nothing else moved after 2pm to dark.
I usually sit until mid day... as far as next cycle.. they have just started in my neck of woods. Doe groups haven’t even busted up

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Off today and tomorrow add in Fri and thats 3 vacation days burned to watch it rain is what is get some rest got wed. But I bet money wind will be crazy in mtns after this rain
I hate that... guess I should consider my job a blessing. Had this week planned off but asked if could work due to rain and then take off next week.. they said sure thing!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I hate that... guess I should consider my job a blessing. Had this week planned off but asked if could work due to rain and then take off next week.. they said sure thing!
That is good perk you have my schedule isn't flexible much at all. Have put in days month or more ahead and stuck with it its also firs come first serve so if I know I need off ill put in up to year ahead I've already put in few days for turkey already.

poppy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Been seeing deer every time out in Ashe county but no shooters. Watched a basket 8 eat corn with does and fawns Saturday but he showed no romantic interest. Haven't seen any rut action yet.

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I live in Wilkes and hunt here Allegheny and Ashe. My son got a doe with his old ML with a number 11 cap.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Late season ML came back in for Va last weekend. Snow, rain, sickness, work have kept us from hunting

Pops and I plan to give it a whirl before end of season. Honestly since I’ve tagged out and would have to buy extra doe tags = think I will try filling my last fall turkey tag while he deer hunts